Stockton Beach - First Timer

spizza

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Stockton Beach for the first time next weekend to chase Salmon (weather permitting). Heading up in a Toyota Rav 4.

Any tips for a first timer to Stockton? I understand the stretch of beach is long, so for first time, will settle on finding nice looking gutter close to beach access from road.....don't plan on staying on beach overnight this trip...

Cheers,

Spizza

Hey mate.

Stocktons a good place for beach fishing, never been for aussie salmon though, but i've heard for salmon high speed spinning is pretty good up there, usually on a 65g Knight Jig or even a 40g Knight, and you might even get the odd jewie on some of the lures up there.

hope the wheathers good for you mate. have a good day if you go :D

-Luke1

Depends on what end you plan on hitting the beach, I'll assume you are entering the beach from the Anna Bay end. If so my experience is good gutters right along the beach however the best producing gutters start from wher the fishing huts are approx 10km run.

The further you head along the beach from about the 10km mark the deeper and softer the sand becomes so be prepared to reduce the pressure.

There is generally heaps of pippies along the beach at low tide and the salmon love them. If you want to spoil them you can throw a ganged pilli at them, be assured if they are there they are not fussy eaters.

Pick your gutters well, go for a run all the way to the wreck. Burley works, walk up and down the gutter dont stand still.

Dont forget the beach permitt, you can get it from the BP at Anna Bay

Go Hard or Go Home

Scorpion

Hey guys,

Looking forward to our trip Spizza, can't wait..

I have some questions for the experienced locals/visitors of this beach :

- Has anyone been on the beach recently via Anna Bay ? What conditions the beach in, and importantly what is the entry like, will bogging be a major threat ? Have been before in a stronger vehicle than the RAV and it seemed a no brainer ? Will be running about 20psi all the way and have a snatch rope, shovel etc.

- Have bought a Handheld UHF, does anyone know what the frequencies are up there, and what is the general help procedure if we run into some trouble ? Who can we call etc ?

Cheers

:1fishing1:

Edited by Thrilos