Jigging Kings!

fishmaniac

Hey all,

Went out about a week and a half ago for tuna. We cubed for about 4 hours (9am till 1pm) and did not turn a reel. We then trolled and picked up a lone striped tuna of about 4kg.

It was frustrating (nothing like last yr :ranting2: ) especially after hearing reports that people were getting amongst them that evening.

Anyways it was a great day nonetheless to be out, smooth seas (albeit a 3m swell) and good company.

On the way in we saw some guys jigging.

I had never had a go at jigging myself, but have always been keen to give it a shot. With a jig in my tackle box, we pulled up and gave it a shot. I witnessed another boat land a nice fish and was determined to catch one.

I continued experimenting with my technique and jigged hard for a good 40minutes (meanwhile my two mates had given it a rest and resorted to bottom bashing).

Finally my rod loads up and i'm on :thumbup:

After a good tussle running a fair bit of drag through the saltist, a nice 78cm kingy came to the boat.

post-6215-1247140433_thumb.jpg

I then went out with my girlfriend on the weekend. We managed a nice haul of big calamari, and then shot out to sea for a quick arvo jig (as you can probably tell i am already addicted). Managed 3 more kingies and some bonito on the jig in about 40 mins. My girlfirend got absolutley smoked on her 20lb outfit by what was a decent king. Her first real dusting :074:

We then drove back to a nice sunset.

Gotta love Kingfish!!!

Penguin,

I wouldn't mind one of those tuna you got recently!!

Erroll,

I wish I had a boat that size!! Thats my mate Ross. We often go in that boat when head out wide. You have probably seen me in my tinnie, which I have not been out in as much lately due to work.

Kris, hope your good mate and finding time for fishing.

Cheers,

Andrew

Mateeee,

what luxury, a loverly day on the briny , some fish, and ,,,get to take the GF along instaed of a bunch of your smelly mates. got to be much better on the eyes. I bet she's now hooked after getting smoked by a decent fish.

Onya!

Chris