Ettalong Beach, 25/3/05

Tim

I went for my first fishing session since moving to the central coast. It was a very relaxed outing. We tried to catch some poddies at the baths in Woy Woy, but had no luck. There were plenty there but the little toadies & bream kept beating the poddies to it and it seemed to put them off. Oh well. Tried around near the boat ramp too for no luck so we went to the petrol station and caught some pillies & worms. Then across to Ettalong beach, near the boat ramp.

My mate caught a nice whiting that would have made 30cm but he "released" it when trying to put some water in the bucket with it :1prop:

It was pretty quiet the rest of the time though, but there was a good variety of fish there. We got whiting, tailor, bream, squire, aus salmon, and witnessed a nice flatty, blue swimmer, and a sting ray.

Might have another fish tomorrow, but don't know where yet.

Cheers

Tim

I hope so ankles. Cheers. The flattie I saw was about 45cm. I guessed it must be a good spot... There were quite a few people there when we arrived. In fact there was no room to fish the spot I really liked the look of, so we just settled for a stretch of sand that was not already occupied. I'll get up earlier next time B)

Guest Jocool

My mate caught a nice whiting that would have made 30cm but he "released" it when trying to put some water in the bucket with it :1prop:

38917[/snapback]

:074: Thats Gold!

Good luck with the fishing tomorrow Tim. :thumbup:

the beach north of the ramp at Ettalong is not bad to bobby cork on.

A live poddy or a couple white bait under a booby cork on an outgoing tide drifted 20 ft or so from the beach, can't do it on public holidays or weekends, too many people.

Usually get a couple of good flattys and occasional bream and tailor

Good work tim. So how u liking central coast so far. Its good fishing but brizzy waters today most boats i have ever seen in there in my entire life so im not going out in my boat tomoz :ranting2:

38955[/snapback]

Hi Tyrone07

I'm loving it. I haven't had a lot of time to get around & do some exploring yet, cos there are a lot of things to keep me busy at home at the moment. The only downside is catching the train to sydney for work. I'm going to try to get a job a bit closer to home and then I'll be content.

By the way, I ended up getting some poddies near the baths on Monday, but didn't convert into any bigger fish. That's okay though, I've got a lot of exploring & learning to do yet.

Cheers

Tim