Couple -a - Cuttles

robust

G'day Raiders,

Waiting all week for the weekend and hoping we'd be spared from the rain, took the family down to Port Hacking for a fish today.

With no action at all last week i was hoping that would change this week.

After we left Gray's Point Boat Ramp we noticed a lot of people fishing up stream which was quiet unsual.

We opted to escape the crowds and headed out to Hungry Point coz the :wife: has now developed this urge to go squidding. Not much happening at HP so we moved across to Jibbon Beach. After about 5 minutes the :wife: screams with absolute terror not knowing what she had brought up. It turned out to be a massive cuttle fish weighing approx. 4 kg. unfortunately the wife was in histerics and the little bugger got away not before spraying the surrounding water with a huge amount of ink. (amazing how much ink it dispersed)

Anyway managed to pick up a smaller one which we kept.....yummmmyyyyyy!!!

Cheers

Rob

post-10643-1247314053_thumb.jpg

post-10643-1247314076_thumb.jpg

Hi Robust Good size cuttle fish mate...there is a cuttle fish reef near the mouth of the Hacking about 400 metres out from that little secluded sun baker's beach near the centre of the Jibbon headland.... you can see the peaks of the structure on your sounder and it's always loaded with cuttlefish if you can put up with being anchored in the ups and downs of the run in tide back into the river..... I met a bloke from Bringilly as he was launching at daybreak after a boat came in and took off with one of my rods at Wally's and got invited to go out in his hydrofield and happened to fish his cuttle reef with him and have being going back there occasionally ever since.....

As for all those boats upriver from Gray's Point it appears that area is fishing very well at the moment and I believe there have been quite a few boats fishing along the stretch to Audley during the week at night......

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Robust Good size cuttle fish mate...there is a cuttle fish reef near the mouth of the Hacking about 400 metres out from that little secluded sun baker's beach near the centre of the Jibbon headland.... you can see the peaks of the structure on your sounder and it's always loaded with cuttlefish if you can put up with being anchored in the ups and downs of the run in tide back into the river..... I met a bloke from Bringilly as he was launching at daybreak after a boat came in and took off with one of my rods at Wally's and got invited to go out in his hydrofield and happened to fish his cuttle reef with him and have being going back there occasionally ever since.....

As for all those boats upriver from Gray's Point it appears that area is fishing very well at the moment and I believe there have been quite a few boats fishing along the stretch to Audley during the week at night......

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

G'day jewgaffer,

thanks for the insight mate....we're going back out there today.....hoping to target something different.

regards

Rob

Hey Rob,

how did you go???

Or are you still on... trying to land the 57Kg jewie you caught on that Cuttie???

:tease::tease::tease:

Cheers

Chris

Mate,

we went back out there yesterday and only managed to catch a southern calamari.........i think there's still lots for me to learn :biggrin2: