Port Hacking Sunday 12.7.2009

robust

G'day raiders,

After my first cuttle fish yesterday we headed back down to the hacking today despite the crappy weather hoping to catch a few more.

We slowly crawled down to fishermans bay and managed to pull out my first southern calamari.

Cheers

Robert

post-10643-1247393264_thumb.jpg

Hey mate, nice calamari there.

I went down to the hacking at sunset 2day got 2 tiny <8cm arrow squid that i sent back out as bait hoping for a jew. Both got nibbled to death, then when i brought up one to check on it, i could feel the pulsing of a squid on the end "hang on..." i thought, "hadn't my squid already died?". I reeled it up and a larger squid had eaten it, not sure whether it had been hooked properly i slowly dragged it over and tried to grab my other rod with a squid jig on it, getting ready for it to fall off the hook. As expected, it fell off and i quickly tried to entice it with the squid jig but it didn't take it. Not long after i hooked another arrow around 20cm hood, not sure if it was the same one tho. The tube will be dinner but the head is going to be bait for my next session :P

I could make out in the water a school of squid which i presumed were arrows but they weren't fooled by the jig.

Edited by monch

Hey mate, nice calamari there.

I went down to the hacking at sunset 2day got 2 tiny <8cm arrow squid that i sent back out as bait hoping for a jew. Both got nibbled to death, then when i brought up one to check on it, i could feel the pulsing of a squid on the end "hang on..." i thought, "hadn't my squid already died?". I reeled it up and a larger squid had eaten it, not sure whether it had been hooked properly i slowly dragged it over and tried to grab my other rod with a squid jig on it, getting ready for it to fall off the hook. As expected, it fell off and i quickly tried to entice it with the squid jig but it didn't take it. Not long after i hooked another arrow around 20cm hood, not sure if it was the same one tho. The tube will be dinner but the head is going to be bait for my next session :P

I could make out in the water a school of squid which i presumed were arrows but they weren't fooled by the jig.

Good onya Monch,

I think the hacking is full of squid at the moment. Have you tried hungry point yet?