Stockton Beach - 11th / 12th

spizza

G;day Raiders,

Hit Stockton on the weekend for the first time ever, in pursuit of Salmon. Must say the place is impressive. Me and my brother had a blast over the two days (thanks to the fellow raiders here for the tips last week - came in handy :thumbup: )

Overall, caught 4 chunky Salmon, all pushing just over 60cm........Sat was the pick of the days, with great weather and gutters with not yeilding much drag. Sunday was tougher, with gutters covered in foaming white water and raging current & surge made it almost impossible to fish.....

Here are some pics.....

post-449-1247482230_thumb.jpg

post-449-1247482285_thumb.jpg

post-449-1247482344_thumb.jpg

post-449-1247482485_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Spizza :biggrin2:

thanks lads - I'll sure head back there again one day, and will venture out to the wreck next time.....we were going to head that way coming in from Anna Bay but we found nice gutters too good to bypass... :biggrin2:

Spizza

Good to see you got a few, by the way did you camp on the beach or did you retreat to the warmth of more permenant shelter?

Great fish, I know they are not great eating, but you have to admit they are allot of fun to catch

Scorpion

Spizza

Good to see you got a few, by the way did you camp on the beach or did you retreat to the warmth of more permenant shelter?

Great fish, I know they are not great eating, but you have to admit they are allot of fun to catch

Scorpion

Hi Scorpion, we made the wise decision to retreat to the cabin of the nearby caravan park! We contemplated camping, but I'm glad we chickened out...Woke up in the cabin early Sunday morning and it was freezing....... :frozen:

Bled, iced, filleted or baked for long time with aromatics ( :biggrin2: ) , they don't taste too bad.........

Cheers

S.

Hi Scorpion, we made the wise decision to retreat to the cabin of the nearby caravan park! We contemplated camping, but I'm glad we chickened out...Woke up in the cabin early Sunday morning and it was freezing....... :frozen:

Bled, iced, filleted or baked for long time with aromatics ( :biggrin2: ) , they don't taste too bad.........

Cheers

S.

G'Day Spizza

I tried Salmon a couple of years ago and have to admit didn't think too much of it at the time, It's been so long I don't really remember what it was I didn't like, mind you they have a very average table fish reputation.

Next time we pick one up I'll ice him down, treat him right and put him straight on the BBQ. Let you know what I think

Scorpion

G'Day Spizza

I tried Salmon a couple of years ago and have to admit didn't think too much of it at the time, It's been so long I don't really remember what it was I didn't like, mind you they have a very average table fish reputation.

Next time we pick one up I'll ice him down, treat him right and put him straight on the BBQ. Let you know what I think

Scorpion

Scorpion, should come up great on a BBQ.....another thing, try to gut the fish ASAP, and clean out the black lining inside the fish stomach after gutting....that's the reason a lot of people are put off Sambo's...if you leave the black lining in the stomach (each side of middle bone), that sets off a bad taste when the fish is being cooked....(my take on it) For example everyong who ate the fish from Stockton last weekend commented on how nice the fish was....filleted + made into soup (tomato vegies etc)....