Wyong River

Guest MarkD

Guest MarkD

This pic was taken early Saturday morning, no real fishing was done just a couple of flicks with nothing to report. Amazing country though.

post-128-1111981539_thumb.jpg

Guest MarkD
Mark have you turned your pic upside down???

Thats a truely awsome shot

39119[/snapback]

Thanks Chris, the reflection and mist were an amazing sight, unfortunately the lense had a few droplets on it as you can see in the top of the shot. Here's a couple more from the same spot...

post-128-1112010663_thumb.jpg

Guest MarkD

I would well believe 58cm's Mike, that pool is in the Yarramallong Valley and the guy whos' property its on regularly catches fish in the 40's and his son does even better with a PB of 60!!. Its a very well protected stretch from the source in the Wattigan mountains right down to the end of the valley as the majority of access is private.

This weekend was a reconnaisance mission more than a fishing excercise. We trecked 2-3 km down a gorge and found some of the most amazing fishy places I have ever seen, as governor of Californa says... I'll be back :biggrin2:

Nice photos guys.

I can tell you there are some great bass in that stretch of river. We usually put the canoe in at Woodburys park (I think thats what its called and paddle down to the F3.

Just around the corner from Ankles photo is a fallen tree on the left which has regularly produced good fish. Just after that is the weir.

All of the fish I have caught above the weir have been good fish.