Pittwater

pocko79

Hey Raiders,

I went out on Pittwater yesterday with a couple of mates of mine, Rey and Pete (aka Adjustedpete)

After moving around a bit with not luck we travelled past Brooklyn to the Oyster farms and had a crack there for a while.

I managed to lock on to a flatty and get it right up to the side of the boat before he spat the hook... :1badmood: After swearing at pete for laughing at me for sometime i baited up once again and the same flatty smashed it... this time we got him :biggrin2:

5 minutes later Pete was on to another nice flatty which we landed.

No luck for the rest of the day apart from a few Jackets

The Flatty was caught on a half prawn on my bass set up. Shimano Sedona 2500fb reel, Wilson Sovereign rode and 6 pd FireLine with a 10 pd Mono trace.

Flatty was 465mm

photo0152.jpg

photo0154.jpg

Very healthy Dusky mate, if it was about 12cm bigger it coulda been a croc.

Once they get over 55 - 60cm they dont taste all that great, you picked up on a good sized specimen perfect for the palet. Very tasty indeed- just add some lemon, herbs and beer

NICE 1

Good to see Winter is still producing decent flatties and even some crocs in local waters.

Congrats on the catch budd :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

HEY....... leave him alone.. He was out fishin with me.. any fish is a good'n.

Dont listen to them Jack and :1welcomeani: to fish raider...

PS ..They taasted great and I made a hot and sour soup with the frames.............Mmmmmmmmm

Edited by adjustedpete

HEY....... leave him alone.. He was out fishin with me.. any fish is a good'n.

Dont listen to them Jack and :1welcomeani: to fish raider

Hey pete,

Any flatty is a good one for me :D and yeah i found out the old mans ISP address which made life alot easier.

Im dead keen for a fish today if you wanna drag Rey off his arse and head down the beach or off RPA wharf.

Give us a buzz or a PM if you want to.