Here is a list of other fishing shows on Foxtel:

Aurora

Hooked

Fishin' Trip

River to Reef

Lifestyle

I Fish

Fishing Western Australia

Discovery used to show ET's show, not sure if it's still on. I used to love how before heading to a reef off North Queensland he would launch into a+_+_) add, saying "I'll just pop in to the local+_+_) to pick up one of my new rod and reels", them magically start battling a GT with a Stella!

If anyone knows of any others it would be good to add to my weekly IQ quota!

ET was on disovery the other day, sometimes the American Bass stuff is on ESPN or fox sports but im not much of a fan of that.

Fish was another show on i think lifestyle but haven't seen it on for a while.

if he is the presenter that i think he is...he is the most boring presenter i've ever seen. theres no excitement in him. he makes kingie fishing like its a boring job

haha, yea thats the guy im pretty sure, i use to watch his shows, but just got insanely bored, on his tone of voice, just doesnt make fishing sound exciting to me.

but wouldn't mind seeing some footage of the kingies on the kayaks.

Hooked on fishing (ch 183 tues 7.30) is my fave fishing show.

He's a bit of a dork but he's very informative and has alot of Sydney content.

The absolute worst is "river to reef" (on the same channel).

Its a Victorian show but travel all over Australia, but fair dinkum, they couldn't catch a cold.

I reckon I could catch more than them.

Half the show is drawn out shots of their boat getting launched and retreived.

I watch it sometimes but I mostly end up falling asleep.

The main thing that I don't like about hooked is that he is always using top shelf gear like Saltiga's and Luvias, and that seems more important to him that explaining what he is doing.

I prefer Fishin' Trip, it is very Berkley oriented but he uses entry level gear and he gives very good explanations as to the why's, where's and how's. IFish is good, but it was much better when Lee Raynor (spelling) was still on the show.

you do realise he is sponsored by daiwa?

just like adventure bound they too are sponsored by daiwa. if you were sponsored by a major tackle manufacturer wouldn't you use top shelf gear?

with fishin' trip, i have a feeling that show is produced by the distributor pure fishing. pure fishing is the oz distributor for berkley, abu, shakespeare, pflueger, ugly stick etc

Edited by hottyscotty

I watched the Kings from Kayaks last night, looked like a bit of a tough job to me

and I'm not to keen on the legs dangling over the edge of the kayak.

Not my idea of fishing but I guess it suits some, think I'm used to the comforts

of Hutcho's Coastrunner..

Yeah i agree,river to reef is a bore :thumbdown: .... dave is alrite tho, nice bloke,owns tackleworld shop at st marys and is very helpful and friendly.... we met those blokes on that particular show with kayaks the Sat after they made that episode.

Gotta admire those blokes on the yaks tho, some of them have better set ups than most people in bigger boats, with live bait tanks, Scotty downriggers and the best sounders, they are keen fishos and are brave souls. We saw a few at Longy a last week catching some decent kingys.