Iron Cove - Flatstastic!

Sputnik

I realised yesterday that I hadn't fished Iron Cove since I hung up my waders and bought my blue-nosed beast. So, with the Hawkesbury ban now in place, I decided to head to my "local" piece of water today.

A good early start, usual shaking of the head at the Drummoyne ramp monkeys, then it was off to the Cove.

Started off at the bridge, which yielded a couple of hook-ups and a couple of dropped fish, then I thought I'd nose down towards the shore by the moored boats near the UTS boat shed.

I switched to my "lighter" gear (I'd been trying to concuss the fish at the bridge - well, it is 18ft of water). First couple of casts with the trusty PE yielded nothing, then, suddenly: WHAMMO.

I instantly knew I was onto a good fish - thank God this one wasn't in the Hawkesbury racks, or I'd have been looking at nothing but frayed Nitlon!

After he made a few concerted efforts to wrap himself around my electric (this does wonders for the heart at 7:30am, I can tell you - better than an espresso enema for waking you up!), I had him netted and in the boat.

At 38cm, he's my second-best fish ever. Fat as butter and obviously in great condition.

The rest of the morning was good, but not quite as good as that first hour or so. A few fish boated, lots of action on all the flats - great fun!

I really should fish locally a bit more often....

post-51-1111993710_thumb.jpg

Guest Jocool

Good to get a report from you Mike...You been a bit quite of late. :thumbup: Awesome job on your near PB, but I don't know about this particular practice......

I can tell you - better than an espresso enema for waking you up!

39046[/snapback]

Wierd bunch you Poms! :074::074:

Good to get a report from you Mike...You been a bit quite of late. :thumbup: Awesome job on your near PB, but I don't know about this particular practice......

Wierd bunch you Poms! :074:  :074:

39055[/snapback]

Have to use espresso here - can't get any nice warm beer!

:1prop:

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Sure was a pretty fish - looked even better swimming away to fight again another day.

I've got to get myself a set of scales - just for interest's sake, I'd love to know what that porker weighed.

Hey Mike,

Nice fish mate and glad t'see you had a good session. I didn't end up goin' out at all and decided to catch up on some Zzz's instead, looks like I missed out eh? Aaaah well, there's always next time... :biggrin2:

Joe

Excellent work  :thumbup: Nice fat bream, I reckon it would of been a good fight  :1clap:

39227[/snapback]

Mate, it was sensational - one of those ones where the rod is actually bucking down into the water up to about the 4th guide from the top as he was heading down under the boat...

I was certainly very relieved to see him hit the old environet!

Nice Fish

I was at IC in and around the bridge off the shore on Sat morn for 1 1/2 hrs and managed a fat bream of about 30cm with a Bass Minnow - a PB for me.

Sorry No Pics

39240[/snapback]

Well Done Ian,

Sorry i couldnt make it mate, but a new P.B you must be happy.

Sputnik good to see I.C fishing well, and a great post and pic's mate :thumbup: .

Well Done Ian,

Sorry i couldnt make it mate, but a new P.B you must be happy.

Sputnik good to see I.C fishing well, and a great post and pic's mate :thumbup: .

39244[/snapback]

No troubles Snag

I tried the cooks but :1badmood: and thus headed to IC where still some :1badmood: but better cover and more moving options

Good little solo session but not the same without the Bream Master :biggrin2:

Catch up again soon for a flick