Kidz And Fishing

kiwineil

Hi there

Posted this in fishing chat and at the suggestion of a fellow raider thought Id try my luck here ..

So ... my little bloke (Mr 5) is a mad keen LB fisherman. He casts and lands his own fish, mostly LJ's at this time of year. Hes been handline fishing in Fiji from a tinny and his fave q now is "when can we go on a boat and catch big fish Dad"

Not having a boat myself makes it hard to say yes.

So I thought Id see if there was a raider with a boat and a little one looking for a fishing buddy where the trip is as much about the experience as the outcome.

We are North Shore based and Id be wanting for obvious reasons to stay on the inside. Im pretty sure Mr5 will happily fish for 4 hrs-ish plus a bit of travel time and he appears to ahve a cast ion stomach.

Im also more than happy to pay share of fuel/bait etc. We have a bit of gear etc and I spent a lot of time on a boat as a kid myself in Auckland Harbour, but wouldnt regard myself as a competent boat handler, more so that Ive been around boats alot and am boat aware if that makes sense.

So Im thinking this might be a long-shot but on the off chance that this works for someone Id be pretty keen to give it a run.

Cheers

Neil

Mate - I hope you find a ride. It's awesome taking kids out fishing, introducing them to awesome fun, hanging out-doors. Watching their little $15 rods almost break in two as they wrestle the huge 12cm bream or flathead into the boat. I love taking my nieces and nephews out for a fish - and recently my own son (now 17 months) - he's just worked out how to wind a reel, and that when the end of the rod bends, there's something on the end. He hasn't quite joined all the dots - but he's getting there.

I'm normally down JB way (which is where the boat is) - so I can't help. But good luck finding someone.

Mike