Spots In Woy Woy

dusti

Hi all (new here .. first post),

I'm wondering if anyone can provide any advice about having a crack at a land based spot around Woy Woy? Was thinking in the channel south of Pelican Island ... ?

Thanks ...

Edited by dusti

:1welcomeani: Dusti

Try under the bridge for some blackies and small bream. I pulled some flattys out of the channel over the years from the steps before you get to to the pros boat on the jetty. Nothing huge but keepers. Once saw an old local Italian pull out a bream from there about 40 cm but never got one myself - not that good :1prop:

Good luck

Gazza

Hi dusti, welome to FR.

I haven't fished Woy Woy for years, but used to spend a lot of time up there as a young fella.

Is the channel you are talking about the one that runs past the war memorial park? If so, get your hands on some squirt worms (you can find them on some of the sandy stretches along the channel). Use enough lead to hold bottom, run a long trace below the sinker (1 metre plus) and use long shanked hooks. This is a great way to catch blackfish, bream and whiting from that channel at times.

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Smitty...

Thanks for the advice ... have been really impressed with how helpful everyone is here at FR (have been reading for a while ... just took a while to get around to signing up) ..

Am keen to have a crack next time I'm at Woy Woy. Expect to have to be there for work every now and then, so figure I'd chuck some gear in the back of the car and try arrange timing of any work to finish up at about knock-off time :)