Marine Park In Botany Bay?

Doggers

Hi all,

Are you able to confirm if Botany Bay has any marine park areas? I wasn't aware of them and I know we voted recently in a poll. Are you able to confirm if the following information is old - http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/info/c...dcr5/botany-bay.

If someone can share a map, regulations, and further details I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Doggers

One would think in policing these restricted areas the DPI would provide actual maps showing boundaries etc for the general public to be able to easily find on a computer and also obviously made aware of elsewhere and how they actually expect us to be able to differentiate between marine sanctuaries and aquatic reserves especially in places like Boat Harbour and Long reef and also the marine sanctuary shiprock in the Hacking where fishing is permitted provided that you can guess how far out 80 metres is when you are on the water ....... Furthermore the only restriction of that type that I'm aware of in Botany Bay is the area tucked away in behind Towra whereas the restricted zone in the DPT link in Doggers post as a result of his helpful research, appears to take in the whole foreshore from Wooloware Bay to Kurnell.... As far as Alexender canal off the Cooks is concerned I've never had the inclination to go in there but have not heard anything about that area being a restricted zone until I read it on Fishraider.....

I reckon Fishraider should contact Fisheries and request that proper description, proper information and maps on all their restricted zones, marine sanctuaries and aquatic reserves be made readily available to all of our members for starters and also be easily available for the general public to find and get to learn, in the best interets of all concerned...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Doggers, I tried calling the NSW Fisheries today re this and got the runaround - got sent to 3 different voicemails which of course made me increasingly irate. Agree with you on this Gaffer, how hard would it be to put a map of the bay on the site so it takes any ambiguity out of the equation. Will post any info if one of these fisheries people call me back.