Bitterly Cold But The Snapper Kept Us Warm

Ross Hunter

Raiders,

Had a great day yesterday with a champion bunch of guys ( just four of them) We fished the Hump on a bitterly cold day, however the constant flow of fish kept us warm.

Sometimes these sort of conditions work better It wasn't rough but it was very cold with a nor wester blowing off the alps. brrrrrrrrrrrr!

We caught some giant mowies, snapper and other assorted species We drifted all day, had a few bite offs from jackets, but not too bad.(see photos of our day)

We have just updated our site for "Fishing Reports in July" Follow this link by clicking on it My Webpagewww.gamefishingcharters.com.auand go into "Fishing Reports "See heaps of kings, yellowfin and snapper Also roam thru Fishing Stories and Hints for some good yarns.

Hope you enjoy There are far too many photos to post here

Ross

post-2782-1248654406_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654424_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654456_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654483_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654501_thumb.jpg

Well done Ross

Very nice Red's and Mowies :1fishing1:

Was there any King's caught on the drift or was everyone bottom-bashing???

Looking forwards to the next installment and some great photos as usual mate.

Congrats on making it out on a cold windy day and getting hooked into some very impressive fish.

Well done Ross

Very nice Red's and Mowies :1fishing1:

Was there any King's caught on the drift or was everyone bottom-bashing???

Looking forwards to the next installment and some great photos as usual mate.

Congrats on making it out on a cold windy day and getting hooked into some very impressive fish.

No kings that day Thanks for the reply

Ross

Raiders,

Had a great day yesterday with a champion bunch of guys ( just four of them) We fished the Hump on a bitterly cold day, however the constant flow of fish kept us warm.

Sometimes these sort of conditions work better It wasn't rough but it was very cold with a nor wester blowing off the alps. brrrrrrrrrrrr!

We caught some giant mowies, snapper and other assorted species We drifted all day, had a few bite offs from jackets, but not too bad.(see photos of our day)

We have just updated our site for "Fishing Reports in July" Follow this link by clicking on it My Webpagewww.gamefishingcharters.com.auand go into "Fishing Reports "See heaps of kings, yellowfin and snapper Also roam thru Fishing Stories and Hints for some good yarns.

Hope you enjoy There are far too many photos to post here

Ross

post-2782-1248654406_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654424_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654456_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654483_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1248654501_thumb.jpg

Yes it was a tad chilly and we did do well at 30+$$$/kg for Ozzy snapper that was well over 200bucks worth of reddies the fella's caught and big bluey rubberlips aswell better scenery down that way than the mountain makes it even all the more worthwhile I say..Heres to ya Emu.

the guy in the thongs must have been FREEZING!!!!

Tan,

The guy (Oliver) with the shorts on rang me yesterday to thank me for a great day He has fished on four other charters and has NEVER caught a fish that he could bring home. So he was pleasantly surprised when he did so well. He also said that "real men wear shorts but did mention that he thought he had a cold coming on".

Ross

Tan,

The guy (Oliver) with the shorts on rang me yesterday to thank me for a great day He has fished on four other charters and has NEVER caught a fish that he could bring home. So he was pleasantly surprised when he did so well. He also said that "real men wear shorts but did mention that he thought he had a cold coming on".

Ross

Ross I'll bet the same macho bloke wearing the shorts had so much action the other day that it still hurts when he coughs even with a hot water bottle on :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Ross I'll bet the same macho bloke wearing the shorts had so much action the other day that it still hurts when he coughs even with a hot water bottle on :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That's too funny and now you mention it he did have a couple of lumps in his throat

Ross