Fitting Power Trim?

Berleyguts

Hi,

Can you add power tilt/trim to, say, a 40hp Johnson and roughly how much would it cost?

I saw a 4.45m (I think) fwd control tinny for sale near where I live the other week but ruled it out because (1) it didn't have power tilt/trim; and (2) I thought the :wife: would freak!

Anyway :wife: saw it yesterday and told me about it this morning, reckoned it looked good and maybe I should have a look at it. She said the price was $2900, so I think it has been dropped a fair bit and is much more affordable now but I would really like power trim eventually.

I can't remember the brand but think it was a Stacer or Allycraft or similar.

So, can you add power trim and roughly how much?

Of course, I just drove by to have a look at it and it's not there, which means it's been sold or is out fishing (fingers crossed).

Thanks,

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

I can't remember the brand but think it was a Stacer or Allycraft or similar.

For the trim / tilt , the brand of the boat is not important . If the boat is still available obtain the brand of the motor , horse power & approx age.

In addition to the Google search as sugested by billfisher , contact dealers who sell that particular brand & see what is available

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

The brand of the boat is not important .

Sorry mate disagree a bit. There is a difference between a Stacer and allycraft and the way they are constructed that makes the Stacer more desriable.

The after market trim and tilt was CMC or CNC by memory handled by a house boat company in Australia, approx $1,000 if i remember correctly.

i think the allys are pretty well built myself.. But seriously all alloy boats are pretty strong even after a long hard life, its not like 1 brands gonna break in half or something :1prop: All boats will get holes if not looked after for a long time

Mate send Huey@ Huett Marine a pm .. Im pretty sure if anyone knows he will .. He might even have the kit !

Edited by cut_loose

Guest Aussie007

yeah mate im also looking at the CMC tilt and trim but its costly $1000 (shipped and converted into aussie $) imported from the USA and only comes with little warranty i think 1 year maybe 18 months and if u blow the motor its $360 US plus shipping to replace