Silstar Crystal Blue Power Tip Rod

Kruzenvax

Hi all,

I have "inherited" 2 Silstar Crystal Blue Power Tip Rods (6-10kg, 6'6" each) from a friend. As new, but no reels. I'd appreciate an advise - what is the best use for them for a Sydney-based person, and what reels do I out on them (in a reasonable $$$ range)... I can't even tell if they are designed for a theradline or overhead?

Thanks

These are great rods for there price and pack a punch. They are designed for overheads but you can use spin reels on them so long as the reels balance out the rod.

IE I own 2 of these rods, one is a 6-10kg and the other is a 10-15kg. On the lighter rod I run a shimano BTR 4500 with 20lb mono and the other I either run a tld or tyrnos. They are designed for overheads however that doesnt mean you cant use a spin reel. Its all up to personal preference.

Dan

I've got a few of the crystal blues, the 6-10kg spin model, 2-4kg one and i used to have the 10-15kg jigging rod but that got snapped in half by a king.

The 6-10 is my favourite out of all of them, its not too heavy for a bit of light stuff but its got plenty of grunt should that bigger fish come along, I use a Rovex Big Boss 5500 on it with 20lb braid and for the price of this outfit the value that comes with it is outstanding. Never had a problem with it and its handled kings to 80cm with ease.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, the intent is to use it form the boat (don't fish landabsed anyway - never tried). It looks like live baiting/trolling is what I need and a spin real (like the baitrunner) is a good choice (never used/heard of Rovex, so need to research).

It looks like it is designed foir a threadline based on my reading of you info; though guides size/position looks like it is somehow in between my "classic style" spin rods and baitcasting rods, e.g. the 1st guide is smaller than on the spin rod, but bogger than on the baicast rod.

Thanks