Sgfc Mako Comp

brendong

As a absolute Novice to all things Blue Water this is by no means going to be comprehensive given I was just a guest and only crewed on the Sunday but feel free to add reports below if you like.

I was aboard Mazara whom I'm told travelled a million miles south for doughnuts on Saturday. But nevertheless we joined the flotilla at browns on the Sunday....(reminded me of a McDonalds car park without the trade mark Pickles plasted all over the windows of the restaurant) on a couple of occasions requiring us to helpfully point out to our fellow fish'a'folk who proceeded to ignorantly cruise on through our slick.

The only shark coming in the very late stages of the day, it was a Mako and looked awesome in the trail as it was fed a bait simply too irresistible to refuse which was an awesome sight to see for this newbie to blue water stuff.

The youngest crew member on board did a superb job and he ran hard toward the ocean floor and what ensued was a solid tussle but lacked the heavily anticipated aerial acrobatics....weighing an estimated 65 to 75kg's it was in no way going to take home the trophy so live and let was the crews call.

Outside of that Sammy seal called by early in the day and the Captain now has a newly found obsession with an electric reel that saw a some good Gemy's extracted from the depths one of particular note...with zero sweat broken unless you count the tearing open of another case much to the dleight of the crew....

post-4925-1249271807_thumb.jpg

Sorry no pics of the Mako, many others sharks were raised on the other boats so maybe other members might attach some.

Still as a newbie to the blue water scene, I had a ball with the crew and near on perfect conditions...congrats Warnie on a great comp....probably my first and last but I had a ball....

Now, where did I leave those micro blades and SP's...look out breambo's....

Edited by Poddy Trapper

I agree. Leave the cliches in the boat. Sounds like no sharks and only one gemfish on an electric reel. Not that i have used one but the whole idea of using an electric reel makes me as irritated as watching the Ashes now. If its about getting some fish artificially go to the fish markets. I cant believe we are losing to the shithouse poms.

nice report and nice gemmy,

jew have a paddle shaped tail not forked

and differrent dorsal fin , cobes are pretty beefy around the

shoulder and head at that length i think its just an odd angled photo

and . . .who GIVES A SHIT about cricket?

Further to Poddy Trappers report (Hi Mate!) we ended up with 5 nice gemfish on Mazara, and yes all were on the electric reel, which was a sponsors prize from a previous SGFC tournament win.

Not sure what the problem some people have with them is? We didn't see anyone row their boats out to the mountain, so isn't it quite the same principle??

Cheers,

Bob.

Further to Poddy Trappers report (Hi Mate!) we ended up with 5 nice gemfish on Mazara, and yes all were on the electric reel, which was a sponsors prize from a previous SGFC tournament win.

Not sure what the problem some people have with them is? We didn't see anyone row their boats out to the mountain, so isn't it quite the same principle??

Cheers,

Bob.

I agree - if you dont like the concept of mechanical advantage then arent handlines your only pure choice?

I am looking for an electric reel for the deep drops but dont know where to start... Dont want to hijack the thread but can anyone recommend any for out of sydney - blue eye and gemmies?

Well done on a top day out Poddy!!

It's all good boys....as some said on the boat 'We are all just trying to fish in the one big puddle at the end of the day!'.

Gambit (Bob) - I didn't even realise you were a Raider junky like me, but then again I didn't ask the questioon either....had a great day with you guys....thanks again....

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Awesome Pic Warnie....

I now see the attraction to sleeping over...the 3.30am rise and Trek from 'The Shire' was a little hard to take but nonetheless worth it...

Funny I was running early so decided to drive down Oxford St to get onto William in stead of using the cross city etc..

Dam I lease a shelted life and am quite happy tucked up in my bed @ 4.00 am every Saturday morning. zzzzzzzz