Browns During The Mako Comp Last Saturday

StessL72

Hello there people we ended up going to browns last saturday we arived at browns after our long trip out as it was sloppy as SSSh-------------t in the morning but the yellow fin was doing a good job carving it up still :) we arive on the mountain and positioned our selves away from all them shark fishermen doing the right thing we got our trustworthy reef queen set up and down she went hits the bottom and bang bang bang 3 fish and up she came 15 mins later hahaha anyway long story short we bagged out on gemmies total of 6 as there was 3 on board so we decided to go for cube as i wasnt going to stay till dark as the weather wasnt being stable! Anyway we headed to spot x down south and started to cube for tuna while listening to the skeds i was thinking to myself nice tuna abd shark weather, anyway i set the baits 2 livies one deep 1 high and a skark bait under a balloon. We had a real good slick going the sun was out and the weather settled down alittle anyway i had been burlying for around 2 and abit hrs when a mate caled me up and asked if he could come and join me my reply was the more the merrier :thumbup: . Anyway he pulls up around 80 to 100 mtres away i keep burlying and listening to the 310 skeds when i notice a big swell i look again and yelle out its a mako!!!!!!!! It was every man for him self lol my down deep bait gets nailed snap my other livie gets hit snap my mates pillie gets hit snap as it was mono so we kept burlying and he kept circling the the boat i ripped in the skark rigg ballon was ripped off and fed to him nothing but he kept eating cubes i even put 6 whole pilles on the hook but no go! :( then ching ching i grabbed two livies and the hook whent through the eyes and over she went dropped it about 10 meters then my rod tip was going tap tap tap i loaded the rod up and all hell broke loose as usual lol anyway around 1hr later we sunk in the 2 fly gaffs and dragged him aboard and then headed for home as i knew we had a long night ahead of me filletting and cleaning of the fish anyway i hope you like the pic and happy fishing steve! Ow i had a sickie as i was battered and tired and there was no way i was going to make work at 430am on sunday! :)

post-4926-1249361532_thumb.jpg

Hello there people we ended up going to browns last saturday we arived at browns after our long trip out as it was sloppy as SSSh-------------t in the morning but the yellow fin was doing a good job carving it up still :) we arive on the mountain and positioned our selves away from all them shark fishermen doing the right thing we got our trustworthy reef queen set up and down she went hits the bottom and bang bang bang 3 fish and up she came 15 mins later hahaha anyway long story short we bagged out on gemmies total of 6 as there was 3 on board so we decided to go for cube as i wasnt going to stay till dark as the weather wasnt being stable! Anyway we headed to spot x down south and started to cube for tuna while listening to the skeds i was thinking to myself nice tuna abd shark weather, anyway i set the baits 2 livies one deep 1 high and a skark bait under a balloon. We had a real good slick going the sun was out and the weather settled down alittle anyway i had been burlying for around 2 and abit hrs when a mate caled me up and asked if he could come and join me my reply was the more the merrier :thumbup: . Anyway he pulls up around 80 to 100 mtres away i keep burlying and listening to the 310 skeds when i notice a big swell i look again and yelle out its a mako!!!!!!!! It was every man for him self lol my down deep bait gets nailed snap my other livie gets hit snap my mates pillie gets hit snap as it was mono so we kept burlying and he kept circling the the boat i ripped in the skark rigg ballon was ripped off and fed to him nothing but he kept eating cubes i even put 6 whole pilles on the hook but no go! :( then ching ching i grabbed two livies and the hook whent through the eyes and over she went dropped it about 10 meters then my rod tip was going tap tap tap i loaded the rod up and all hell broke loose as usual lol anyway around 1hr later we sunk in the 2 fly gaffs and dragged him aboard and then headed for home as i knew we had a long night ahead of me filletting and cleaning of the fish anyway i hope you like the pic and happy fishing steve! Ow i had a sickie as i was battered and tired and there was no way i was going to make work at 430am on sunday! :)

Cheers stevo thanks

nice shark there mate but can i ask and this it be a silly question but what are skeds you kept refering to

There is no such thing as a silly Question..... the Skeds are normally run over a 2 hour interval in where boats fishing a Tournie or even a club pointscore day for that matter report in over the radio and in this case on VHF 21 by whoever it is conducting the Sked and in this case that was Tournament base out of SGFC

a competing boats fishing report applicable to that sked on the day using the 0-0-0 method.

For excample if i was to call in a report on the sked of a 1-1-1 Tag and realease of a striped Marlin that is reflected in the first number which is assigned to a strike the second to a hookup and the third being the result of such therefore in the above scenario a striped Marlin firstly has attacked and grabbed the lure resulting in the fish been hooked with the result being the fish was Tagged or captured which ever one it may be.

Tournament base would then determine more information in Angler, lineclass, etc and moving along through all the boats entered and starting all over again at the next sked.....This is all accumalated so once fishing is completed at the end of the day all the information for the day is known and recorded.

A sked map is held by all boats informing base where the boat via GPS is in relation to this map... for excample..... November 12

to serve both has in a safety... and where all the action is happening... and is given before the fish report...... to not report in and miss two consecutive sched reports is considered a big NO NO.....and can result in all sorts of prochedure's to fall in to place one of which you are considered missing at sea and reported to the Authorities.....sorry to the long responce..

Cheers Warnie

Edited by ungry warnie

nice shark there mate but can i ask and this it be a silly question but what are skeds you kept refering to

Thanks hooklineandsinker this kind gentalman ungry would be the man to explain it better as i i know what skeds are but he described it better than i would :)

There is no such thing as a silly Question..... the Skeds are normally run over a 2 hour interval in where boats fishing a Tournie or even a club pointscore day for that matter report in over the radio and in this case on VHF 21 by whoever it is conducting the Sked and in this case that was Tournament base out of SGFC

a competing boats fishing report applicable to that sked on the day using the 0-0-0 method.

For excample if i was to call in a report on the sked of a 1-1-1 Tag and realease of a striped Marlin that is reflected in the first number which is assigned to a strike the second to a hookup and the third being the result of such therefore in the above scenario a striped Marlin firstly has attacked and grabbed the lure resulting in the fish been hooked with the result being the fish was Tagged or captured which ever one it may be.

Tournament base would then determine more information in Angler, lineclass, etc and moving along through all the boats entered and starting all over again at the next sked.....This is all accumalated so once fishing is completed at the end of the day all the information for the day is known and recorded.

A sked map is held by all boats informing base where the boat via GPS is in relation to this map... for excample..... November 12

to serve both has in a safety... and where all the action is happening... and is given before the fish report...... to not report in and miss two consecutive sched reports is considered a big NO NO.....and can result in all sorts of prochedure's to fall in to place one of which you are considered missing at sea and reported to the Authorities.....sorry to the long responce..

Cheers Warnie

Thanks for explaining what a sked is to hooklineandsinker as i couldnt of explained it that good haha anyway thanks heaps cheers steve. Ow ps how did you go with the engine on the beast?