yakfishing

Budget: around $200

Requirements:

- to be used with a Shimano Symetre 1500 loaded with 4Lb braid

- long accurate casting of very light jigheads

- As light as possible for the price

- 6'4" - 7'0"

- shorter butt (under 15cm)

- perfect balance not crucial, I'd prefer to keep the weight down.

- enough grunt to pull bream out of nasty looking snags!

Whatdyareckon?

Tell you what yakfishing, my son Paul who's currently living over in Thailand is a pretty keen bass and bream fisherman, so keen that he brought out thirty two 10' two man bass boats from the States and sold them over here...He has a variety of flick sticks, sic stiks and blue Berkleys etc but always borrows my Fenwick fly spin rod and uses a 1500 reel on it.... It is a Fenwick IM8 7W 7lb rod and I think the model or it's equivalent is available over here and should around $200 or so now I'd say, so it might be a good idea to find a Fenwick stockist and take a look at the Fenwicks.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Have a look at the Strudwick Sic Stick Pro in 1-3kg or either of the Pflueger Trion rods, mate. Not sure if the split grips on the Pfleuger rods puts them out of consideration, but I have all three rods mentioned and they are light, gutsy, and chuck the lightest lure with ease. All three are matched to 2000 sized reels, and comfortably drag bream and EP's from heavily timbered water. They are all well under your budget. The Struddie is only 6'6" but the others are 7' or longer.

Cheers

Hodgey

I personally like Starlo Sticks, very flex, and very strong, good for a flick with plastics, and i just have a 1000 2500 size reel.

And is also quite light.

Edited by Luke1

I really like my Starlo stick Lite Tournament Pro - very nice stick & sits in the rod holder in the yak fine! Sensitive tip & strength further down when you need it. Good for flicking light stuff. Cut your braid down to 3lb & they'll fly even further!

Roberta

Live fibre blaid n tails in an ultralight or a light. They may be a tad more than 200 but when it comes to pulling power in a light rod nothing comes close. They are made here is oz with all fuji componentry and correct recipes and the dual helix blanks are just awesome.

Cheers Shane.