Brisbane Waters 26th

Grantm

Hi all,

Thought id throw in a report from the weekend. Fished Brisbane Waters on Saturday looking to score a Bream or two in the deeper water.

Anchored up on the edge of a drop off around the Rip, and started to drift a few plastics with the current. Got know where doing this so decided to throw a piece of Tuna on my 1/4 jighead to see if that made any difference. About 3rd cast got hit up came a nice 35cm model which had swallowed the jighead. Unfortunately this buggered the fish so he came home for dinner. A few casts later im on again this time slightly smaller at 33cm's but fought like a bastard, much harder than the other one perhaps cause it was jaw hooked and we managed to get a pic of this guy, safely released. Both fish nearly lost their guts out their ass, dunno why, maybe the deeper water of about 15 meters has some effect.

Happy with the result although a plastic caught fish was what I really wanted but it proved they are there and I just need to work my technique a little. Got them by casting up current and letting the bait drift past then going again. Not sure why the sp's didnt work, but ill keep working on that next time.

Cheers

Nice bream Grant, how's the new boat going?

39342[/snapback]

GDay Narra,

The new boat is great, very happy. Pleased to have a boat with some cover on that day too, weather was not so good. :biggrin2: