Just Watched Some Guys Clean Up On The Harbour

eagle ray

Was walking the dog when I saw some downrigging going on. Watched for like 5 secs and there was a hookup and a rat came in and released. Put the rigger down again go 5 meters and hook up.

I sprinted home and grabbed the canoe and went out for a sticky beak.

As I got there another fish was on the line which was released.

They didn't put the rigger out again unfortunately, as I thought I was in for a show. (Perhaps thinking that I was a fisho on recon and they didn't want me to figure out there secret).

They tossed some plastics around for a little while. I asked them if they were hitting the slugo's , they replied yes and promptly put there rods away and left (there suscpicions had been confirmed, I was a fishing spy).

I congratulated them on a top session before they left.

I feel kind of bad for intruding on there session but I have fished this particular spot for quite some time in excactly the same manor (although for the last 2 years have been in Adelaide). My best king is 87 cm from here .

My boat is in the shop today and hopefully I will be on them 2 by the end of the week.

The kings are out there....

Edited by eagle ray

Was walking the dog when I saw some downrigging going on. Watched for like 5 secs and there was a hookup and a rat came in and released. Put the rigger down again go 5 meters and hook up.

I sprinted home and grabbed the canoe and went out for a sticky beak.

As I got there another fish was on the line which was released.

They didn't put the rigger out again unfortunately, as I thought I was in for a show. (Perhaps thinking that I was a fisho on recon and they didn't want me to figure out there secret).

They tossed some plastics around for a little while. I asked them if they were hitting the slugo's , they replied yes and promptly put there rods away and left (there suscpicions had been confirmed, I was a fishing spy).

I congratulated them on a top session before they left.

I feel kind of bad for intruding on there session but I have fished this particular spot for quite some time in excactly the same manor (although for the last 2 years have been in Adelaide). My best king is 87 cm from here .

My boat is in the shop today and hopefully I will be on them 2 by the end of the week.

The kings are out there....

I don't think you'd score a career in the secret service eagle ray, better keep your day job. :1fishing1:

Mate dont worry, you didnt ruin there day, If they think they have a secret spot they are mistaken...There is no such thing as a secret spot in the harbour.....every spot has been fished

come on netic no one knows where your secret spot is :074::074::1prop::074::074:

oz is right no secret spots left they have all been fished before

Netic I figure that.

The spot is hardly secret but certainly not well known at the same time.

Its the sort of spot you just drive by and dont pay 2 much attention to but at the same time think that it looks awfully fishy.

Spongy I could only see the drops for land not canoe but I have hawkeyes and it looked like either 6 inch stick baits or squid strips.

Edited by eagle ray