Fishing At Rosevill Bridge

foxman

Hi guys and gals,

Id like to know where some good fishing is under or near roseville bridge? Had a look down there today but everyone one there was catching throw backs. Any ideas before i head down there tomorrow?? Thanks for your info!!!! :1clap:

Welcome to the site foxman :1welcomeani:

Roseville is only a minute away from my place and over the past couple of years I've fished most of it's shoreline from a boat and the bank. The spots the guys have already mentioned are all great areas at one time or another, but don't be too disappointed if you have a few blank days up there, upper middle harbour can be like that.. a lot!

In addition to the spots already mentioned, one of my favourite little lunchtime flatty spinning 'pozzies' is a small rock bar on the northern shoreline at Roseville, 20 or so metres downstream from the pipe bridge.

On the outside of that rock bar is small deepish channel, which basically forms a 'tucker highway' for the flatties to lie in. The last of the run out tide seems to be the best time, but be careful of the oyster covered rocks if you decide to wade out to the edge.

Pukka

Welcome to the site foxman  :1welcomeani:

Roseville is only a minute away from my place and over the past couple of years I've fished most of it's shoreline from a boat and the bank. The spots the guys have already mentioned are all great areas at one time or another, but don't be too disappointed if you have a few blank days up there, upper middle harbour can be like that.. a lot!

In addition to the spots already mentioned, one of my favourite little lunchtime flatty spinning 'pozzies' is a small rock bar on the northern shoreline at Roseville, 20 or so metres downstream from the pipe bridge.

On the outside of that rock bar is small deepish channel, which basically forms a 'tucker highway' for the flatties to lie in. The last of the run out tide seems to be the best time, but be careful of the oyster covered rocks if you decide to wade out to the edge.

Pukka

39494[/snapback]

Sorry i forgot to mention ill be fishing from the shore. Pukka is this spot you are talking about on the National park side ( car park ) or the opposite side?? What is the best bait to use also?? So you catch nothing from under the bridge?? Is it better to walk upstream for some better spots?? Iam not famillar with the area so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!!

Grant :1clap:

Sorry i forgot to mention ill be fishing from the shore. Pukka is this spot you are talking about on the National park side ( car park ) or the opposite side?? What is the best bait to use also?? So you catch nothing from under the bridge?? Is it better to walk upstream for some better spots?? Iam not famillar with the area so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!!

Grant :1clap:

39514[/snapback]

Hey Grant,

The National Park side mate. Dunno about bait, I don't use it at all these days, but I know no self respecting big flatty will turn up it's nose at a live poddy mullet. Under the road bridge is OK but very snaggy.

Another worthwhile spot is on the opposite side to the National Park casting to the first pylon of the pipe bridge. I've been done good 'n proper by some unstoppables there in the past. :1yikes:

Pukk'

Hey Grant,

The National Park side mate. Dunno about bait, I don't use it at all these days, but I know no self respecting big flatty will turn up it's nose at a live poddy mullet. Under the road bridge is OK but very snaggy.

Another worthwhile spot is on the opposite side to the National Park casting to the first pylon of the pipe bridge. I've been done good 'n proper by some unstoppables there in the past.  :1yikes:

Pukk'

39535[/snapback]

Hi guys,

Just got back from fishing down at roseville bridge. Went up the lyrebird track fished some spots that looked perfect for bream and flat head but only caught a couple of whiting and some very small bream. Fished up and down to the boat ramp and caught nothing decent at all. I kept waiting for the mother to come but all i got was babies. Had an enjoyable day none the less! Thanks guys for all your tips. The best place i found was just down from the pipe bridge on a sandy out crop got a the whitings from there. Until next time happy fishing!!

Grant :thumbup::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Flick big shads into McGills hole on slack water for a shot at a jew. Try to get your hands on a copy of no no no's second DVD to suss out the spot. Basically it's upstream from the bride near the end of the driveway (start of Lyrebird walking track), just around the bend.

39485[/snapback]

good info - always wondered where that was

G'day,

I've spent a good many hours fishing land based around the Roseville area, and I have found that strips of chicken breast is a 'gun' bait for large bream in the area.

The fish are few and far between, but you need to be patient, and using chicken breast I can guarantee you'll increase your chances of picking up some snorker bream... :thumbup:

Spizza.

DY

Guest Boppa

A well kept secret and it never came from me

When you get to the start of the Lyrebird track and walk to the end and where it goes narrow

Come back a bit to a grassed area

If you fish off the bank there after a nice rain or in a boat after rain you should get some big ones

WHY YOU MAY ASK

NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK FOR THE FISHING WORLDS BEST KEPT SECRET

Boppa

PS Now is the time to ask :1clap::1clap::1clap:

Guest Boppa

Ok mate

Because thats where we bury all whales, dolphins, seals etc that we find.

And when it rains it leaches into the river attracting good fish :1clap::1yikes:

Hope this helps I've had some good luck over the years

Great burley trail

Boppa :beersmile::beersmile:

Guest Boppa

Thought you may like it

Its was a pretty well kept secret until now :1naughty:

Keep you updated when we throw the next one in :1naughty:

Can you imagine the burley trail after rain??????? :1yikes::1yikes:

Boppa :beersmile::beersmile:

Thought you may like it

Its was a pretty well kept secret until now  :1naughty:

Keep you updated when we throw the next one in  :1naughty:

Can you imagine the burley trail after rain???????  :1yikes:  :1yikes:

Boppa  :beersmile:  :beersmile:

40164[/snapback]

Geez, with all those carcasses in there, I'm surprised I haven't seen any crocs hiding in the mangroves!... :1naughty:

I was up there yesterday afternoon for a crack at some jewies in the hole further up at the turn of the tide - not a touch although the juvenile tailor were in plague proportions. Thats about the 10th time in a row with no success on the jewies... no luck at the bluff either. Anyone elso got any clues in middle harbour?