Exploring The Georges

iMick

Sick of the travel time it takes to get to the Hawkesbury and the fuel cost, I decided to give the Georges a shot for a School Jew. Found some decent holes but didn't have any luck. I wasn't going home without a fight so out came the Bream gear, didn't take long to land this...

post-10586-1250239181_thumb.jpg

then this...

post-10586-1250239193_thumb.jpg

and then this...

post-10586-1250239212_thumb.jpg

I didn't bring my esky as today was to just exploring the system, so all fish went back... not really sure if I would eat fish from the upper reaches of the Georges, defiantly not Bream as they eat lots of Oysters (filter feeders). Maybe a Jew or a Flattie. I'm really fussy like that, I'm sure they would taste fine and wouldn't harm ya but that's just me.

Mick

U done well mate.

And that's just the beginning.

Musty

Thanks.

It'll take some time (maybe a year even) but I'll crack the system for the Jews.

I know they're there, as you've proven on numerous occasions.

Just a matter of time... (i hope)

Mick

Top effort mate!!!

Just starting to realise i have all the fish i wont to target only a couple minutes drive from my house...

There is going to be many afternoon sessions after work in the next few months i think :thumbup:

Prob see you out there....

Cheers, Michael.

Thanks,

The Flower Power ramp is only 10 minute drive from my work, I think I'm gonna start bringing my boat to work :)

Look out for me Blue V Nose Punt (see avatar)

Mick

Thanks,

The Flower Power ramp is only 10 minute drive from my work, I think I'm gonna start bringing my boat to work :)

Look out for me Blue V Nose Punt (see avatar)

Mick

Sorted!!!!! Im in a 4m brooker V Nose unpainted 25hp Merc on the bum, I will keep my eye out for ya :beersmile:

Good onya mate, a couple of nice finned critters there, lucky boy to have a ramp close to work and a beaut looking boat too..

Congrats on your catches, sounds like a nice place to go exploring...

I put in a Sandy point If you are down that far look out for a 350 explorer with a 15hp johnno and motorguide on the front

Will do mate, the Milperra Ramp is closer to where I live but it's a little tricky launching solo there (no sandy shoreline), so maybe I might try Sandy Point oneday, I hope it's Sandy :074: lame i know!

Look out for me too. I'd be up for a Upper Georges River Fishraider Social, good idea for the admin. Plenty of species to target there, even a chance of a good jewie, if Musty hasn't caught all of them :biggrin2:

Mick

G`day Mick dont tell to many people about the Georges its a great river to cruise around on week days and plenty of fish. No mad jet skies. I will keep an eye out for you i am in a 4.35 metre white brooker with a 40 johnson on the back. I mostly use River rd ramp .the one behind flowerpower is very slippery and you dont know if you are launching your boat on top of a stolen car and watch out for needles see you on the water regards Stephen

G`day Mick dont tell to many people about the Georges its a great river to cruise around on week days and plenty of fish. No mad jet skies. I will keep an eye out for you i am in a 4.35 metre white brooker with a 40 johnson on the back. I mostly use River rd ramp .the one behind flowerpower is very slippery and you dont know if you are launching your boat on top of a stolen car and watch out for needles see you on the water regards Stephen

Hey Stephen, lovely system on week days, I didn't go out there today as I suspected the skiers would be out in force, there was even a few on Friday.

The ramp behind Flower Power is a little sus, I had my eyes peeled for syringes while walking around. It's just so close to home.

I hope to run in to ya some day, look out for me Blue 4.2 Bass Boat with a 40 Yammy and a bow mount Minn Kota.

Mick

If your ever up as far as chippo look out for me im in a blue stacer..475 with a 75opti on the back.

I do stacks of fishing in Chippo, and even as far up as Lake Moore in Summer for Bream on poppers.

Look out for me too :)