Bream On The Flats

matt_nsw

headed out for a quick hour this arvo/night for a go at the salmon, tailor, trevs and frigates terrorising the bait fish......didnt land one of them but i boated 2 solid bream off the flats. biggest one went 39cm fork :1clap:

but didnt take the cam as i thought i was in for the usual sambo run :ranting2: and it was my 1st solid bream off the flats too :05: note to self: always take the cam

both were landed on the 70mm squidgy flick bait and it was the last of the run out

Nice fish.  Were using a slow twitch and retrieve or fast for the sambos. :1clap:

39574[/snapback]

i was using a low twitch retrieve. that was how i got the sambos, tailor, trev and frigates the few days beforehand. i saw a few frigates ripping about but that was it. bream will do me :biggrin2:

Well done Matt, thats a good sized bream at 39, scream off a bit of line I imagine.

39576[/snapback]

yeah mate, i thought i had a small sambo one :1prop:

Nice work Matt.

Last time I was down there I pulled a few decent bream from under the pelagic schools, it took me by surprise as I usually struggle for bream in the Port.

I'll be down there tomorrow, you heading out again?

39580[/snapback]

sorry mate, packing the boat/gear cause im going away friday morning :thumbdown:

but im going to st clair :yahoo:

You didn't miss much. I picked up a few tailor  :thumbdown: , a couple of salmon  :( , and a lone watsons leaping bonnie, then the place just died.

I pulled the boat out and went to a diferent river to find the bream on the chew, that made for a reasonable day.

39726[/snapback]

watsons still in the hacko?? must of been very lost. havent heard or seen one of them for a month now

atleast you landed a few :thumbup: could of been worse

wow, they must of come back in or something. spoke to chris billo (f&d) and guys were coming in claiming they got spanish macs in the hacko :074: when chris showed them a pic of a watsons they said "yeah, thats them but they were spanish macs"........go figure :1prop:

wow, they must of come back in or something. spoke to chris billo (f&d) and guys were coming in claiming they got spanish macs in the hacko :074: when chris showed them a pic of a watsons they said "yeah, thats them but they were spanish macs"........go figure :1prop:

39778[/snapback]

:074::074::074::074::074:

oh if only :1clap: