Beach Combo For Under 300

mark10187

Hi Guys,

As the title says im after a beach combo for under 300 all my beach rods are over 12ft and im after something a little smaller to catch some bream and whiting maybe the occasional sambo if it comes along can anyone suggest a good rod and reel i dont mind stretching the budget a little over 300 but not much

cheers

Mark

Mate go and get yourself one of those Silstar Muscle Tip 10' rods in 2-4 or 3-5kg

match it with a nice Daiwa, Shimano or Penn in 3000 or 4000 series loaded with some 12 or 15lb braid you got a tight little outfit.

You will definitely get some change from $300- if you shop smart.

You can use the change on terminal tackle then to match the lighter option but has eneough grunt to pull the stumps on bigger predators when you want to.

PS- I have recently bought some new Shakespear Reels (cannot remember exact model) in 2000 and 3000 models and I use the 3000 with a 11' home made cane rod that really should be a blackie stick and it ROCKS!!!! Spooled with 10lb braid and 12lb mono shock leader it casts really well with little weight yet its flexy eneough to flick out SP's on 1/16ox jig heads and give them some real "action".

Just my $0.02 worth.

Mate go and get yourself one of those Silstar Muscle Tip 10' rods in 2-4 or 3-5kg

match it with a nice Daiwa, Shimano or Penn in 3000 or 4000 series loaded with some 12 or 15lb braid you got a tight little outfit.

You will definitely get some change from $300- if you shop smart.

You can use the change on terminal tackle then to match the lighter option but has eneough grunt to pull the stumps on bigger predators when you want to.

PS- I have recently bought some new Shakespear Reels (cannot remember exact model) in 2000 and 3000 models and I use the 3000 with a 11' home made cane rod that really should be a blackie stick and it ROCKS!!!! Spooled with 10lb braid and 12lb mono shock leader it casts really well with little weight yet its flexy eneough to flick out SP's on 1/16ox jig heads and give them some real "action".

Just my $0.02 worth.

I was kinda looking at the daiwa sea jigger range the 10'3 rod but was having trouble trying to match up a reel to keep me under the 300 dollar mark and thanks didnt even think about looking at a silstar rod

I was kinda looking at the daiwa sea jigger range the 10'3 rod but was having trouble trying to match up a reel to keep me under the 300 dollar mark and thanks didnt even think about looking at a silstar rod

If I were you I'd be looking for a Snyder Mag Bream. Fantastic light beach rod. 11" if I remeber correctly. Match it to a Shimano Sedona 4000 & you have a great breaming/whitting beach outfit.