Boat Launching Proceedure

gregr2

I just bought a new boat and decided to take 'er for the maiden voyage this past weekend.

This is my first boat and I wasn't quite sure of the exact Standard Operating Procedures for launching it off a ramp, but I figured it couldn't be too hard.

I consulted my local boat dealer for advice, but they just said "don't let the trailer get too deep when you are trying to launch the boat".

Well, I don't know what they meant by that as I could barely get the trailer in the water at all.

Anyhow, here's a picture below.

See for yourself.

What am I doing wrong? post-5408-1250723530_thumb.jpg

........for advice, but they just said "don't let the trailer get too deep when you are trying to launch the boat".

Well, I don't know what they meant by that as I could barely get the trailer in the water at all.

Anyhow, here's a picture below.

See for yourself.

What am I doing wrong? post-5408-1250723530_thumb.jpg

Hi Moonset the problem is fairly obvious, you've forgotten to reverse the boat into the water....therefore you've finished up launching the car first. In case you forget to reverse the boat into the water first next time it would be a good idea to put an extension bar on your trailer and a tow bar on the front of your car and do the change around tow bar connection near the boat ramp.... Then just drive the car forward and steer the trailer into the water and float off the boat with a rope tied to the passengers side door handle long enough to reach the closest parking spot.....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: