Quickie On The Kings.

eagle ray

Jumped on the boat at 7.30 am and headed up the harbour. Tried for squid for 1 hour before finding 4 little ones.

Straight to the spot and managed 3 fish. Kept 1 and threw back a keeper and a rat. Did get smoked once.

Back home by 10.30 and pumped.

Here is my german mate with the keeper, he released a bigger one.

post-9442-1250999938_thumb.jpg

Edited by eagle ray

Good effort, we got onto the water about the same time but couldnt find one squid, caught a mixed bag though. Not the Kingy we were chasing and it was entertaining to see all the boats chasing the birds and school of fish feeding. Anyone know what they were??? Samon i take it as not much people were hooking up due to the small bait they were feeding on

Good effort, we got onto the water about the same time but couldnt find one squid, caught a mixed bag though. Not the Kingy we were chasing and it was entertaining to see all the boats chasing the birds and school of fish feeding. Anyone know what they were??? Samon i take it as not much people were hooking up due to the small bait they were feeding on

Had salmon around the boat on they way out from the mooring, didnt bother. When they are feeding small try halco 1.5g metal spinners on bream rods. You will loose some to straightened hooks and need to replace the hook after each fish but worked for me when i used to chase them alot up on Pittawater.

German matey loves it, he has worked out squidding now and contributed 3 on sunday. He is a bit spoilt with the good luck. He understands its all in the squid. My normal fishing buddy is furious as he went out the night before and didn't respond to his wake up call.

Might have a go on the trevors next.