Your Current Must Have Sps

iMick

This has most probably been done before but peoples lure tastes change over time.

This should be a good topic for people wanting to give SPs a go but aren't sure where to start... it also gives sticky beaks like me ideas on what to buy the next time I'm at the tackle shop. :)

Mine are:

For Bream: 80mm Squidgy Wriggler in Bloodworm

For Flathead: 3" Gulp Minnow Grub in Mango Ripple Glow

For Jewfish: 5" Gulp Jerk Shad in Curried Chicken

Mick

This has most probably been done before but peoples lure tastes change over time.

This should be a good topic for people wanting to give SPs a go but aren't sure where to start... it also gives sticky beaks like me ideas on what to buy the next time I'm at the tackle shop. :)

Mine are:

For Bream: 80mm Squidgy Wriggler in Bloodworm

For Flathead: 3" Gulp Minnow Grub in Mango Ripple Glow

For Jewfish: 5" Gulp Jerk Shad in Curried Chicken

Mick

Similar but Mine are:

For Bream/Flathead : 80 100mm Squidgy Wriggler in Bloodworm & 2' Gulp Shrimp in New Penny/Natural/bannana prawn/peppered prawn

For Flathead/Jews: 120mm Squidgy Wriggler in Bloodworm

For flathead:

Squidgie Pro 110mm Flickbait in 'flash prawn'

Bream

Squidgie Pro 70mm flickbait in Evil Minnow, or 80mm Wasabi Wriggler

For snapper:

Squidgie Pro 145mm Flickbait in 'Yakka' or 'Blue Pillie'

And no, I'm not sponsored by Squidgie... just trying to get rid of all my stinky Gulps and I've developed a bit of confidence in these ones instead.

Cheers, Slinky

For flathead:

Bream

For snapper:

And no, I'm not sponsored by Squidgie... just trying to get rid of all my stinky Gulps and I've developed a bit of confidence in these ones instead.

Cheers, Slinky

I'm doing the same with my Gulps but not because they stink... because the action bugs me, they're too stiff! I love the jelly like material of the Squidgys

Mick

Too many variables to have any single must have but I will not leave home without for bream 80mm wrigglers in wasabi and bloodworm 2in prawn in muddy green and tiger (cant remember brand name but deadly SPs) 3in gulp minnows in peppered prawn banana prawn and watermelon pearl 2in worms in motoroil red fleck 2in grubs in bloodworm pumpkinseed crawdad and motoroil red fleck(variety of brands) and 2in pumkinseed sliders

Flatties mainly use 3in gulp minnows

Edited by The Iceman

2in prawn in muddy green and tiger (cant remember brand name but deadly SPs)

hey mate

do you mean 3in flat back prawns, with the long feelers? they are tackle craft sps. They are one of the best prawn imatations i've seen.

Edited by 1975

For flathead:

Bream

For snapper:

Cheers, Slinky

I love it when Slinky pulls out the gulps because I get the leftovers to add to his/my stink container.

My faves atm.

The old, trusty 3" minnow in pearl/watermelon & pearl blue. 75mm squidgy fish in silver/black. 5" jerk shads in nuclear chicken & sardine. 4" pogy's in mackeral.

I know they are old hat but they still work. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Atomic 3 inch prawn/shrimp for Bream, flatties, tailor (fast retrieve). 4 inch for flatties, deadly just drifting and lifting the rod tip every 7 seconds

Ecogear paramax 3 inch grub in the peppered yellow/gold colour - Bream, flatties.

Good ole Mr Twister twin tail in pink is still my favourite on flatties.. works even better now with the TT jigheads where the weight is inserted into the body of the SP

• 2 weeks later...

Never used plastics before, and thought it would be fun to give it a go. Went to randomly purchase a packet of gulp nuclear chicken 3" minnows today. Is this a good choice (I chose these mainly due to the striking colours)? I'm not looking at chasing a specific type of fish as yet (at this stage, any fish would do I guess, just hoping some fish would bite!)..

Based on your experience, what kind of fish would I likely get with these nuclear chicken minnows?

Also, is it necessary to have different kind of plastics? like different flavours, shapes, etc.? I normally do land-based fishing.

Can't wait to give plastics a go! :1fishing1::biggrin2:

Edited by fishyfishy

Never used plastics before, and thought it would be fun to give it a go. Went to randomly purchase a packet of gulp nuclear chicken 3" minnows today. Is this a good choice (I chose these mainly due to the striking colours)? I'm not looking at chasing a specific type of fish as yet (at this stage, any fish would do I guess, just hoping some fish would bite!)..

Based on your experience, what kind of fish would I likely get with these nuclear chicken minnows?

Also, is it necessary to have different kind of plastics? like different flavours, shapes, etc.? I normally do land-based fishing.

Can't wait to give plastics a go! :1fishing1::biggrin2:

That should be good on flatties and decent bream mate

SP are pretty much a confidence thing as to your favs

Saying that since I started using them 2 years ago gulps have come along and I must say that fish realy do eat them! But this is not always a good thing is there is rubbish fish around (gets expensive) and personally I would rather get one hit from a solid bream than catch 20 toadies.

I tend to choose the plastic for the location but always have on hand

2” powerbait grubs (easier to rig straight than the also effective wrigglers)

2” & 3” powerbait bass minnows (love that wounded fish action)

Slick rigs in all sizes just catch everything from bass to barra

Squidgy bugs ( a slightly bigger mouthful than the grubs)

I also like some creature baits such as 2” Hawg and 06556-0 flatbackworms, these are great for drifting along the bottom

As far as Gulps go I have caught plenty of fish on them and do like the larger jerk shads for jewies, but at the end of the day I like normal SP’s a lot better.

Powerbait and Squidgies are great products!

Probably the best thing about them is their versatility, can be used at any depth both slow and fast.

Cheers

bm

Damn! I still haven't worked out the wrigglers yet! I am doing a yak fishing comp on Sun & was only going to use gulps .... but after reading this thread, i'll whack in some wrigglers, hawgs, bugs, minnows, lobbys ...... bugger it - I'll just take the lot out, like I normally do! :wacko:

Wish me luck

Roberta

Edited by Roberta