Shimano Trinidad 20/30 Dc

andrias

Guys what do you think of shimano trinidad 20/30 DC? Is the reel any good for general use like maybe casting, popping and jigging? How about durability?

Thanks in advance for the input guys

cheers

The 20 and 30 are different models aren't they? I have a couple of the standard Trinidad models (16N and 30). The DC models have an electronic anti-backlash control and are very expensive. I'm not sure how durable this system is for saltwater use. I can vouch for the standard models being fine reels. The 20 would be a better choice for jigging with the narrower spool (it would also be easier to cast).

The 20 and 30 are different models aren't they? I have a couple of the standard Trinidad models (16N and 30). The DC models have an electronic anti-backlash control and are very expensive. I'm not sure how durable this system is for saltwater use. I can vouch for the standard models being fine reels. The 20 would be a better choice for jigging with the narrower spool (it would also be easier to cast).

i think the 20 and the 30 is only different in regards to the size. The Dc model is indeed expensive and would like to find out if they are any useful and hence justify the price.

cheers

i think the 20 and the 30 is only different in regards to the size. The Dc model is indeed expensive and would like to find out if they are any useful and hence justify the price.

cheers

Thats what I mean't - they are different sizes. Personally I would go for the standard Trinidad rather than spend the extra money on the DC. The standard reels have a centrifugal anti-backlash device and are very smooth casting reels. They need a bit of weight to get good distance though - probably due to them being more a jigging/ boat reel and having a heavy spool designed for strength.

Thats what I mean't - they are different sizes. Personally I would go for the standard Trinidad rather than spend the extra money on the DC. The standard reels have a centrifugal anti-backlash device and are very smooth casting reels. They need a bit of weight to get good distance though - probably due to them being more a jigging/ boat reel and having a heavy spool designed for strength.

thanks for the input mate :thumbup::thumbup:

There are a few other differences. The DC has a spring loaded anti-reverse pawl and a double stack anti-reverse bearing tube. The standard Trinidads have been known to have failures to the anti-reverse with heavy braided lines and this can cause personal injury. However the DC spring and pawl can be retrofitted (parts only cost $5).

Edited by billfisher