Fishing South Coast

Luke1

Hey all Raiders

Went up to the south coast for the weekend, and as soon as we got there(sussex inlet) we unpacked and went straight to fishing. Wasnt really much out at night, only stingray, but got a couple. The first string that i got was roaming the waters, and then about 10 minutes after i saw this stingray( i estimated it to be around 15+ kg) but anyway. Was using a whole prawn just with a long shank. and BANG! my line went crazy, went from one side of the wharf around 30 metres to the right of where i was, then it slowed down. Then i got about 5 metres, before he started going ballistic again, this time he went left and my line was peeling off. went to the left of the wharf about 30 metres, and it started splashing on top of the water. Then my mate got the torch and shined it on where the splashes were, and it was the stringray i thought it was, then it slowed dont again, this time probally getting around 10-15 metres onto my reel, then again ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, my reel went crazy, tried putting my drag up as much as i could, and bang! my line snapped. But i have to say, i havn't got many huge fish in my life, and even though they're annoying little pests, that was a fight i wont forget for a long time, my adrenalin was pumping like crazy.

then everything went quite again, then my friend got a stingray, only around 3-5 kgs, but it had a good fight with him, with only 5kg braid, took him about 3 minutes to get him in. Then later on, i got one around 3-5kgs aswell, but i had 9kg mono on, so it was a bit easier for me to get him.

Heres a picture of the stingray that i got before he fell in the water.

DSC00613.jpg

Then later the next day, we saw a lot of LJ's, and my and my friend decided that we should go get some for a decent feed. so we went, set up our rigs, and straight away we got one, but it was small so he went back. In the whole day we got over 23 LJ's. We also got more on Sunday, around 13, so it was a good clean up :)

Heres a pic of the first days leatheries.

DSC00637.jpg

All in all, the weekend was pretty fun, though only little fish, still fun to catch.

Luke.