Music On The Boat

fisherman1994

Hi Raiders,

Im just in the process of pimping out my 560 quinnie, but am on a fairly tight budget to do so.

I'm very keen to get some music for the boat, but am unsure whether to spend the $300 + bucks on a marine stereo, or whether to just buy a portable stereo and throw it up the front?? I would be playing CD's and connecting MP3's to it mainly, not the radio as often.

Do any raiders have any advice on what to do, whether i should buy the stereo or stay low budget on the portable CD player??

Maybe any marine shop owners could even PM me a quote for a Fishraider special on your marine steroes??? :1prop::1prop::biggrin2:

Thanks in advance guys,

JB

Logitech’s Pure-Fi Mobile Bluetooth Speakers

has a built in 16hr battery its bluetooth so if u have a smart phone u can stream music from ya phone to speakers

cant also pickup phone calls hands free

also has the little earphone jack for pluggin in mp3 player

costs around the $120 mark

nice and loud

HERES some more info on them

prefimobile.jpg

i would go a marine for sure....i was given a cd / am fm from a mate and i get reception clear as a bell on fm without an aerial out at browns so work that out! by the way for what its worth we reckon the dolphins like the eagles but the marlin show up on metallica!!!!! loud and fast.....if only it was that easy!!!! im lucky to get 2 years out of the sony in the missus corolla.....its on its 3rd in 8 years......how would it go in a boat?

i have just a normal car stereo and amp and speakers they get a bit wet sometimes but there still working after 2 years of use

ive got a kenwood car stereo in mine, got a waterproof housing off an auction site and hasnt missed a beat. if you get a small aerial extension and wire speakers/power through a multipin plug it can be removed in seconds

working in the industry of home hi fi, i would suggest to stay away from your home style hifi, as they arnt made for bumps, particularly if your playing cd's you will find in any sort of chop that, it will skip. Car steroes, i cant see why they wouldnt do the trick, just be careful with them when cleaning your boat and so on. Also give them a quick wipe over after being out especially on salt water. also if you buy it new, and if you need to claim warranty, whatever you do, dont tell the suppliers it was on a boat.

Edited by aj2014

in my last boat (runabout) I installed a cheap sanyo car stereo in a plastic housing. the stereo only lasted about 5 or 6 years before it started to play up. it was only a AM/FM, tape player of course the tape player was only good for about 12 months untill the salt air took its toll.

For speakers I still recomend the marine speakers

For entenna I used the band splitter attached to the 27mhz antenna worked excellent for radio and did not effect the 27meg radio. (now using a band splitter on vhf in my new boat).

band splitter, housing & speakers all come from bias or similar boating store, the stereo I used was from a strathfield chuck out table!

Edited by oz_brett

Is there a simple option for simply taking your Ipod out and plugging it into something ?..i mean without the marine stereo DVD and all the other letters. Dont want all the superfluous junk on a stereo...just something simple that will amp the Ipod good quality. Anything newish on the market that doesnt corrode out within 12mths ?

that's exactly what im looking for

Logitech make decent portable Ipod speakers with 10hr rechargable batteries in them for around $230 mark and most other better brands start around the $450+

From that you could just buy a small set for $50 from Dickies that take standard batteries. Remember tho these wont be weather proof.

G

Logitech’s Pure-Fi Mobile Bluetooth Speakers

has a built in 16hr battery its bluetooth so if u have a smart phone u can stream music from ya phone to speakers

cant also pickup phone calls hands free

also has the little earphone jack for pluggin in mp3 player

costs around the $120 mark

nice and loud

HERES some more info on them

prefimobile.jpg

these are perfect

they come in a soft cover case that stops them from getting spray on them and they sound great

built in battery has never let me down on the water lasts all day on a charge