Battery Conditioner

Mr Dalucius

Hi Raider's. The other day when I was in an auto shop I saw a product used to increase the life of a battery. It states "when lead acid batteries are in use, a soft spongy film of lead sulphate forms on the plates [sulphation]. Batteries go dead when this film hardens and clogs plates and separators". I wonder if anyone has used it and if so, what's your thoughts? Geoff.

I used it on two batteries that were in my previous 30ft cruiser. They were getting a bit old and were running out fast, i put that stuff in and charged them up and they went really well. I had a marine electrician in soon after and he said they were putting out a really good charge. A year and a half later they were still going but were on their last legs when i sold it...

Definately think that it extended the life of them...

My battery is now 6 years old. I added Inox Battery conditioner to it about 4 years ago.

It's still going strong & maintains a high leval of charge. How much of that can be attributed to the product is difficult to determine but would say , when I purchase a new battery sometime in the future I would add another bottle of conditioner to the cells.

Geoff

PS It was nice to meet you at the social on Sunday