First Bass

EVAN

Evan

Well done and a great photo,

It was a great morning up there this morning, I was in an old cream coloured quinnee with my wife.

I got there about 6 and left at 12, its 2 hours up there from my place.

We caught 3 bass, the biggest about your size and the other two went downhill from there. Funny enough we got all 3 fish in the same bay.

We hammered that bay caught a fish, then nothing. Went and tried somewhere else, came back and caught another. Got a couple of nudges in other places but didnt hook up.

But a great morning using lures

Well done

Patrick

The barometer was a little bit higher yesterday, over 1020, so it may have been a bit better yesterday. I have got a little murray cod in a tank at home, the last few days he has eaten his head off.

Today it has fallen a bit.

The surface temp on the water was 22 degrees, a lot warmer than air temp first thing this morning

Cheers all,

Hope it is the first of many and they do get bigger---

where abouts in the lake we were when i caught it is a hard question being my first time there... But we had to cover a hell of alot of water.......

Cheers Evan,

again, well done mate :1clap:

im glad to be a part of it. :thumbup:

it was tough fishing though. a place of 1000 casts. today was bad. nothing at all :thumbdown:

but again the surface action lastnight was cool. only rats but atleast they had fins huh :1prop:

im just glad you got one after forking out $$$ for a jackall :risata:

Thanks again all,

Nice pick chris cheers, thanks for the day night onboard matt- It was worth the trip just for the backdrop and a few beers.

Catching a fish was a nice F@#^ing bonus though :1clap: I'm there for the next session, Went to freddies fishing world on the way back to pick up a few lures ..

looks like a need a new tackle box! Oh well

Hi Evan,

Nice work on the Bass... They will only get bigger...

Looking at how calm and still that water is, i am very jealous that i wasn't there over the WE, there is nothing better than the sight of that dam when it looks like glass from one side to the other. Next time you pop into Freddies and are looking for a good bass lure, se if they have any of the deception "Shrimp" in the dark purple, with the silver bands on them. I have had some good success at StClair with them... I am just waiting on a new batch to come in to West End sports and tackle so i can get back up there... the last couple i had a happily floating around a few logs up that way...

LW

Hi Evan,

Is the pic taken in the eastern end of the lake, inside the 8 knot zone??

What sort of bow mount are you going for??

LW

40300[/snapback]

Being my first time there couldn't tell you where it was , The electric i want is a minn kota bow mount riptide saltwater, hopeing to have enough soon Then GAME ON :banana: