First Dollie

Guest MarkD

Guest MarkD

Hi All,

After several cancelled charters and trips I was looking forward to getting out today with xuxuxuxux Charters, the charter was pitched as sport fishing at $170 per head and if waiting 30-40 minutes betweens casts is a sport then I guess it was sport fishing. This was due to 10 anglers being on board some of whom were not exactly in a hurry to relinquish the rods after a drift. The deckie/skipper Craig was more than helpful and did his best to accomodate everyone but there was just too many people on the boat.

We targetted the Bondi FAD and another one further out. Bait was live yakka's which we had plenty of from an unlikely spot in the harbour.

Interesting to spot some 5M boats and even an open Tinnie at the further FAD, I was half expecting to see Jocool fly! Not sure if I'd have been so brave when I had my little runabout but at least I wouldn't have been fishing with a couple of tossers (note a couple as the other punters were sound)

All in all the day was justified by my first Dollie :) Off for a nap and then Dollie for dinner:)

Cheers

Mark

post-128-1112507112_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you got your fist Dollie Mark :1clap:

and a PB as well :1prop:

I had noticed that you werent having much luck getting out on a charter. Good that you got out on one., albeit crowded :thumbup:

clutch

Guest Jocool
I was half expecting to see Jocool fly!

40177[/snapback]

:074::074: Son mate...very soon!

good going on the Dollie...and yes it was exy! :1yikes: At least your 1 up on me. I have yet to score one!

Guest MarkD
I have yet to score one!

40202[/snapback]

did I mention that I got my first Aussie Bass on Christmas Day :1naughty:

Guest bluecod
did I mention that I got my first Aussie Bass on Christmas Day  :1naughty:

40204[/snapback]

Now that! is rubbing salt into an open wound - next you'll be telling us you've also caught a 20 lb king :074::074:

BTW well done on the dolly, particularly on a 10+ charter :thumbup:

Guest MarkD

Thanks for the replies Gents,

Dan: The charter has changed hands, I think some of the punters had vouchers from the previous owner and the new owner was trying to maximise revenue to make up for the guys who in effect were not paying for the trip. In my opinion a very short term tactic as I for one would have reservations about going again.

Iain: your dead right having your own boat does spoil you in terms of expectation, really have to get another asap.

Bashir: Next time your heading out I'd be more than willing to split costs :1naughty:

mark im still doing mods to my boat, but when I get back on the water I'm always looking for people to fish with. Dunno if dollies will still be around when I'm done but there's always bottom bashing. :wacko:

Guest MarkD
but there's always bottom bashing. :wacko:

40317[/snapback]

\

Not fussy mate! Give me a holler when you need a deckie

Cheers

Mark