Boat Batteries

jay_stylz

How is the charge in the battery. A hydrometer will give an indication. Perhaps have the battery checked by an auto electrician , it's normally a free service.

If the battery is OK , check all connections between the battery & the starter to ensure they are both clean (no underlying corrosion) & tight

If the problem remains then have the electrician test the load & circuit on the starter motor. There may be a short or some type of resistance.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

i managed to break 2 of the batter terminal bolts wonder if there helping it lose connection ill replace them tomorrow and see how we go i did that a few weeks ago lol but yeh thanks for ur help guys ill let ya know how i go thanks for all ur replies

i managed to break 2 of the batter terminal bolts wonder if there helping it lose connection ill replace them tomorrow and see how we go i did that a few weeks ago lol but yeh thanks for ur help guys ill let ya know how i go thanks for all ur replies

I had a problem with engine cranking sometimes and not, played with it and couldn't work it out and the good folks at Huett Marine, diagnosed a faulty solenoid in the ignition. Fixed, not a problem...

Rgds

Dhutchy