Two New Cummins In Broadbill

Ross Hunter

Raiders,

Have just spent 8 days replacing the engines in BROADBILL. These are some sats..The boat has done 27,800hrs.. She was launched in 1989 She has steamed as The Emu says "to the moon and back". Has been thru gales to 100 knots and encountered seas that have been huge over the years.(never by choice but by encounter, she has always brought us home safely, if not a lttle shaken)

The builder was Marlin Broadbill ( the company I started in "76 ) and she was custom designed by myself and my team as a purpose built charter boat.

Stats. on the boat... Length 13.3 metres O/A by 4.35 M beam weight 13 tonne approx Engines Cummins 240 hp running thru ZF gearboxes spinning 26'' wheels. Construction alloy. The vessel holds many records inc 97KG Tuna on 15kg , 38 kg king on 15kg, 297kg blue marlin on 24kg. She has won many tournaments over that long period inc. The Interclub three times ,AIBT , Northern Waters 4 times and Billfish shoot out twice. She holds the current port record of 21 striped marlin in a day at Pt Stephens 11th Feb 2005..She has released 2805 marlin and caught more tuna than we can remember.( not all killed, a lot released)

With her new engines she will be a most reliable vessel for me to see my time out on.

All that fish on Broady love her for her stabillity and huge cockpit and sea keeping abillity. See some photos of the dear old girl The one I love is of her backing down in huge seas with Mark Taylor and Big Merv Hughes. Hope you enjoy

Roscoe

post-2782-1253670993_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253671062_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253671141_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253671227_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253671248_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253671173_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253674482_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253674554_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253674617_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253674658_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1253674693_thumb.jpg

Well done Ross, your boat is one fine piece of fishing machine that i ahve had the pleasure of stepping aboard. Congrats on the new motors.

Billy,

Thanks mate It was atough week or so but she's running like a well oiled sewing machine now. There's still a lot of fishing to do for us both

Cheers

Ross

new motors for a new season after seeing the marlin chase up a pig fish last week off Stanwell park fish'n with cpt Glenn Hunter on his Billfisher(that looked like a black in 15deg water!!) gives me even more incentive to try for that first for the season again it was almost exactly 12 months ago we got the first for the season last year if we can do it again this year I'll be very happy but that depends on gett'n out an having a go I've got some ideas I want to try with switch baiting this season based around how we got some fish last year with some spectacular strikes on baits right on the transom we managed quite well with numbers toward the end there with some few of these providing quite visual and exiherating displays as they where baited as I said within trace length at the transom with 2 new cummins Iknow they'll be doing some heavy duty hummin this season I'm not one to wish time away but come on summer I say!!!...

new motors for a new season after seeing the marlin chase up a pig fish last week off Stanwell park fish'n with cpt Glenn Hunter on his Billfisher(that looked like a black in 15deg water!!) gives me even more incentive to try for that first for the season again it was almost exactly 12 months ago we got the first for the season last year if we can do it again this year I'll be very happy but that depends on gett'n out an having a go I've got some ideas I want to try with switch baiting this season based around how we got some fish last year with some spectacular strikes on baits right on the transom we managed quite well with numbers toward the end there with some few of these providing quite visual and exiherating displays as they where baited as I said within trace length at the transom with 2 new cummins Iknow they'll be doing some heavy duty hummin this season I'm not one to wish time away but come on summer I say!!!...

Emu,

I am looking forward to the marlin season as well..There are only two things in life that are important to me and that is MARLIN and WHAT THEY EAT......Bring it on

Ross

Emu,

I am looking forward to the marlin season as well..There are only two things in life that are important to me and that is MARLIN and WHAT THEY EAT......Bring it on

Ross

Well one nearlly got a piggy the other sunday I'm sure I could live bait one or rig it to swim but it would would be hard gett'n it of the poor dig that caught it such a good table fish but if we started loosing reef fish to marlin I guess we'd just marlin fish in my bones I can feel a good start to the marlin fish'n already time will tell and all will be revealled...

Well one nearlly got a piggy the other sunday I'm sure I could live bait one or rig it to swim but it would would be hard gett'n it of the poor dig that caught it such a good table fish but if we started loosing reef fish to marlin I guess we'd just marlin fish in my bones I can feel a good start to the marlin fish'n already time will tell and all will be revealled...

[/quote

Emu,

Glenn told me about that marlin chasing up the pigfish................bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlin and what they eat That's all that matters

Ross