Surf Poppers

MrGenius

I've seen on many DVD's and in the magazines people using surf poppers on a paternoster rig off the beach catching salmon, tailor and even snapper. They seem to work quite well but at the same time ive got a tackle bag full of stuff that has never caught a fish :1prop:

Have any of you guys had any sort of success with these things and do you think they are a worthwhile addition to the tackle box?

I've seen on many DVD's and in the magazines people using surf poppers on a paternoster rig off the beach catching salmon, tailor and even snapper. They seem to work quite well but at the same time ive got a tackle bag full of stuff that has never caught a fish :1prop:

Have any of you guys had any sort of success with these things and do you think they are a worthwhile addition to the tackle box?

I can categorically state yes, you should buy them, and yes, they catch fish, particularly salmon. Im an appalling fisho yet somehow manage to consistently catch salmon on them, have only been using them for about a year.

Put the popper on the top, and a pilly on the bottom, you cant go wrong, at least 50% of fish are caught on the popper

Put the popper on the top, and a pilly on the bottom, you cant go wrong, at least 50% of fish are caught on the popper

Yep... dam strait. The very first time I used one it happened exactly like that for me. Pillie dissapeared and the popper took the fish. I like the blue ones.

Cheers

David.