Wife's First Time !

Guest bluecod

Guest bluecod

Well, I thought :hitsfan: today - took the :wife: down to Narrabeen Lake for her first ever paddle in a canadian canoe.

I chose Narrabeen Lake and launched from the South Creek car park expressly as it has a lot of shallow water close by and had we tipped over I knew she wouldn't have drowned.

Bugger me, she took to it like a duck to water - no wobblies when she first got in, asked the right questions on how to use her paddle, didn't argue when she was told to paddle either side and was gobsmacked at the natural beauty of the temparate rainforest in the area - she's now hooked and I'm bloody proud of her first time abilities! Could be a :1boff: on the cards tonight and not the usual :mattarello:

She even said that I should bring the fishing gear next time :1clap::1clap:

Guest bluecod

F'man 635 - do what a work colleague did - he bought his missus her own yak, now if they go on an extended trip he rigs both yaks together on stays and mounts a 2.5 hp between them :thumbup:

Good one Bluecod,

that's great, now Iv'e got to convince my wife to come out with me one day, but I think I'd be struggling to get her into a canoe.  I was there this morning as well, what time did you get down there?

40240[/snapback]

Ken,

Gentlewoman's hours - we didn't leave the house until after lunch and got down there at about 2.45 - paddled around the SW section of the lake - all the way up South Creek [hasn't that silted up since the last rain] and left at about 5.00.

Startled a couple in the scrub having a :1boff: which the missus found highly amusing - I wonder how they felt with peals of laughter going away from them down the creek - they must have been somewhat embarrassed as they were'nt there on our way back.

Should have a family day/BBQ down at the lake - tie it in with a bit of boating/canoeing/flyfishing.