Quick Release Bimini

DDDave

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a way to make a Bimini easier to take down.

What I want to do is be able to quickly release one part of the frame to allow the Bimini to hinge on the other part of the frame and lay down against the top of the sides. Then when finished fishing be able to snap it back up if you know what I mean.

At the moment I have to fiddle around with wingnuts which area a pain to get back in to the fittings.

Anyone aware of a way to do this, I have been trying to find some sort of quick release fastening mechanism but cant seem to locate anything in the plastic style of fitting.

cheers

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a way to make a Bimini easier to take down.

What I want to do is be able to quickly release one part of the frame to allow the Bimini to hinge on the other part of the frame and lay down against the top of the sides. Then when finished fishing be able to snap it back up if you know what I mean.

At the moment I have to fiddle around with wingnuts which area a pain to get back in to the fittings.

Anyone aware of a way to do this, I have been trying to find some sort of quick release fastening mechanism but cant seem to locate anything in the plastic style of fitting.

cheers

I can't help Dave - but I have a similar question. I've just bought a 14ft Quintrex and I want to fit a bimini. I've assumed most of them fold down easily - so your question regarding quick release is one I hadn't considered. I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have some similar questions.

What I have been wondering is how easy are they to remove entirely? Does taking them on/off regularly wear out the mounts? I want the roof for some sun protection, especially for running around with the kids, but I don't want something that will be in the way for serious fishing. I am considering trying an installation that folds forward on or over the windscreen - on a 14 footer space is limited. A bimini that folds rewards would have to clear the rear seat/rod holders/light and also presents a possible issue with the aluminium legs being in the way/easy to damage. Hence my idea that I could take the whole thing off for a day's/nights serious fishing, but screw it back on when required.

Am I completely on the wrong track with bimini tops & these sort of expectations?

as for quick release mine has plastic wing bolts[well the wings are plastic] and you just unsrew them and it all folds foward and lays ontop off the wind screen ,the wing bolts do'nt come out they just disengage

but to be honest it is just as easy to remove the hole bimini when your not going to need it[eg when parking the boat up and fitting the storm cover]

a call to craig at hewtt and i'm sure he will put you on the right track

cherrs gary

Hi Guys

cheers

I just bought some thumb screws that should do the trick. You can buy them for both the deck mounts and the knuckles - you just back them off and fold the top down. These replace the standard screws that are supplied that require a screwdriver.