Pittwater Jewfish

Young Gun

Hi all, :1prop:

Myself and a fellow young raider * fisherman1994* are going for a fish in pittwater Friday night, the weather looks good and hopefully there wont be much wind around :1badmood: . We have checked the tides, and intend to fish 2 hrs or so either side of high tide which is around 7.30pm. The trouble is that we don't know of any spots in pittwater, and the closest one that we have heard of would be flint and steel. Although we both have gone rummaging through old posts on Jewish locations there isn't any spots mentioned inside pittwater itself. I haven't heard of any reports of them being caught in pittwater so i don't actually know if its worth a shot. If anyone knows of any spots at all that have produced in the past it would be much appreciated. Or just a heads up if its worth going out Friday night.

Thanks guys, Young Gun and Fisherman1994. :beersmile:

I haven't heard of any reports of them being caught in pittwater so i don't actually know if its worth a shot. If anyone knows of any spots at all that have produced in the past it would be much appreciated.

Hi Young Gun not sure if you will be landbased or fishing out of a boat on Friday night....If you were landbased, it would be a good idea to have kid with you and have a look first off at the waterfront houses adjacent to Stokes Point where the moored boats are on the deepwater side, not the alcove just inside the point...look for a friendly face and ask if it's ok to fish off their jetty and offer them a few fish in return... if you are boat fishing try the same area and also just off Longnose point on the opposite side of Pittwater but its the prominent point just down a little further than directly over from Stokes point .... As to Friday night, kingfish are very hardy in deep or shallow water in an ongoing southerly front, particularly in the early mornings, but you might hook up on whole squid during the night time... There's rain forecast for Friday, but the good thing is that the wind should change to the opposite way, i.e. from a south westerly to a northerly direction with a light easterly aspect forecast after dark... This should improve fishing in general and the activity of other fish should atttract jewfish into that area as well as deep water suits them... The northern easterly will be freshened up by another change to the north west around 2am.... still you will have the advantage of having a high tide in Pittwater around 7.30pm when the wind changes, and a low tide starting to run around 1.45 am to coincide with the forecast change to a northerly with more of a cooler westerly aspect where fish may well come on to stock up for the southerly front that comes with more wind gust, and that change should occur some time on Saturday afternoon....

A Friday night session looks well enough aligned to me given a barometer reading near enough to normal fishing at 1015 milibars in the easterly at the present time and has risen around four points since very early this morning in line with the present change of direction from southerly to easterly with a similiar situation occurring on Friday..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi all, :1prop:

Myself and a fellow young raider * fisherman1994* are going for a fish in pittwater Friday night, the weather looks good and hopefully there wont be much wind around :1badmood: . We have checked the tides, and intend to fish 2 hrs or so either side of high tide which is around 7.30pm. The trouble is that we don't know of any spots in pittwater, and the closest one that we have heard of would be flint and steel. Although we both have gone rummaging through old posts on Jewish locations there isn't any spots mentioned inside pittwater itself. I haven't heard of any reports of them being caught in pittwater so i don't actually know if its worth a shot. If anyone knows of any spots at all that have produced in the past it would be much appreciated. Or just a heads up if its worth going out Friday night.

Thanks guys, Young Gun and Fisherman1994. :beersmile:

You're in the same boat as me mate, im going fishing with good weather and perfect tides this week for Jewies down the Georges River but no one seems to able to name too many locations further up the Estuary system most of the advice is out to the bays.

I have heard good things about trolling through Pitt-Water and i have seen a couple of Dvd's where they have been catching Kingies and Jews Trolling through passed where all the boats are moored.

They were using Squids and yellow tail trolled behind the boat at different depths covered in Glow Bait during the day. fresh and live.

Sorry i don't know too much about Pittwater hope this helps at least a little...

Hi Young Gun,I'll reply to your pm in more detail..... In my reply to your post, thought you may have been landbased... it's over the other side of Pittwater from stokes point and it's the long point further down.... use sounder but keep only one rod in the hole... fish rods on both sides on the run in and both sides on run out....fish over sand 50 - 80 metres square off point, cast out as far as you can at an angle to cover each side of it with the rods off each side of the stern, cast the others out backwards angled off each side of the bow and keep casting where you strike fish even if it means letting out more anchor rope .... hold your running snapper sinker in your hand and sool each livey up to run off up high towards both sides of the point then drop your snapper lead down... let more line out to catch up with your livie and the sinking lead will run thru the line and pull the livie down with it.... you might catch king fish on the way down if you take your time letting out line as the sinker drops... if you get there before dark fish the moored boats off Stokes Point first.....looking forward to reading a good report coming from that part of Pittwater at night, but fish until at least 4am if you can .....Good luck....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: