Spooling My Baitrunner

BTK

hey all

this is my first time spooling braid onto a reel so i dont really know what im doing, Ive got a Shimano Baitrunner 4500B and a 300yard spool of 20lb Fins Original.

my first question is, is the 300 yard spool big enough to fill my baitrunner?

When spooling should the braid come off the side of the spool like mono or can it come off the top or bottom of the supply spool?

How should i connect the braid to my spool?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Cory

hey all

this is my first time spooling braid onto a reel so i dont really know what im doing, Ive got a Shimano Baitrunner 4500B and a 300yard spool of 20lb Fins Original.

my first question is, is the 300 yard spool big enough to fill my baitrunner?

....When spooling should the braid come off the side of the spool like mono or can it come off the top or bottom of the supply spool?

...How should i connect the braid to my spool?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Cory

Hi Btk, Here is a link to spooling on line.... tie a unit knot with the mono backing for the braid to the spool with a half hitch each side of it to keep the strain off the knot itself.....you can also tie a uni knot to connect the short length of mono backing to the braid, but double the wraps in the lower diameter braid and it will pull tight in against the higher uni knot tied along the braid with the mono...... your reels should show the maximum length for the size of mono they will take, so the diameter of the mono will convert over to the diameter of the poundage of the braid you are using.....

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...c=42999&hl=

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I recently bought a 4500 baitrunner and spooled it up with 20lb FINS braid. Got the guys in the tackle shop to spool it for me and i think they fit 90m of 20lb mono backing and 300m of 20lb braid on top of that.