Mud Crabs

mark10187

Hiya Bustoff,

You can catch them out west also, Colo river in Low Portland is a good spot.

A trap with a tin (or 2) of cat food (punctured) works great. (Wouldn't buy cat food for any other reason) :D

Check for females, be nice, and put them back :)

Personal Note:

Keep only what you need and throw the rest back (slow growers)

Hope this helps!!!

CHeeRS

Ant

Hey fishbones whens the right time of year???

Thanks Anroco i might just have a crack at that spot

Adjustedpete

Ive heard a few people say you generally catch them in the months that have an R in them dont know if thats right but ive always used it as a rule of thumb and it tends to be correct

ive caught 1 fishing for jews at night in late autum[i think?] near the iron cove bridge a couple yrs back.it was a whopper & i was wrapped.i was using a long squid stripabout 20cm long & it got tangled up in my leader.i was fishing next to some mangroves,so i think thats why he was there?anyways it was a big shock to get 1 there but a welcome by-catch none the less.it was my first & last muddie i've caught.

:beersmile: cheers johnny :biggrin2:

Hey fishbones whens the right time of year???

Thanks Anroco i might just have a crack at that spot

Adjustedpete

Ive heard a few people say you generally catch them in the months that have an R in them dont know if thats right but ive always used it as a rule of thumb and it tends to be correct

Ye bustoff what you heard a few people say about months with an R in it is right but I have caught the very odd 1 in may. You can get them in the georges river all the way down to the taren point bridge, if you get a chance try around salt pan creek. Good luck

Cheers Mike

i dunno...still wouldnt eat one taken from the harbour. I keep thinking bout the 50 years worth of crap that went into the harbour and settled in the mud...and those cougars living in it.

Be like those fishnchip shop crab sticks...so chock full of crap it'd light ya gonads up like las vegas.

Yes... if its from Mooney Mooney tho.

couldnt have put it much better myself, ive lived in gladesville all my life and have put back every fish ive caught out of fear of my gonads glowing green or some other deformation occuring from those fish :(

parents have just bought a new house in newport recently so im so excited to move up there and actually have the option of keeping and eating the fish i catch when i need some for dinner :beersmile:

cheers James :1fishing1: