Fireline And Braid Question

BTK

hey all

This might be a stupid question or one thats already been asked but i couldnt find the answer after a little searching.

Whats the difference between berkley fireline and braided lines?

i would like to put around a 6lb line on my Abu cardinal for soft plastic fishing for bream but im not sure what type of line i should go for.

if you had a choice between Fins braid or Berkley fireline what would you choose and why?

Cheers all

Cory

I'd go for the fireline. Being a fused braid it is less prone to wind knot's than the woven braids. I would consider getting 4lb fireline. This line breaks well above it's stated breaking strain and the 4lb is plenty for bream.

going by the link hodgey put up about what knots to to join braid to leader,majority like the double uni.i do use them but not much as iv noticed they are a little bulky therefore not running through the tip very well.dont get me wrong they are strong knots & i used to use that knot exclusively but now i use more streamline knots like the albright or the slim beauty which have served me well.these 2 knots seem to flow through the guides more easier in my experience.its just a matter of trying a few proven knots & making a choice on what suits your style of fishing.just remember to practice your knots in your spare time & in no time you would have perfected your favourite knots & hopefully they wont let you down once you'v hooked up to that fish of a lifetime.

:beersmile: cheers mate,hope this helps

johnny :1fishing1:

P.S. my prefered braided line is fireline.i'v never had any troubles with it the past 18mths & its not overly expensive as some other brands on the market at the moment.i use 6.8.10 & 20lb line classes of fireline.

i also have suffix matrix pro in 15lb on 1 of my reels & thats done me well also,very fine diamiter & very strong for its line class & its width.

Edited by fisher doi