Red October

GregL

WOW!!! :1yikes: That is one massive Red, Greg!! Well done & Congrats on your new PB!! You deserve it!!!

......Re: Longy only had a few boats and most probably more speed humps, opps I mean yaks than boats!

Roberta is gonna clip your ears for that one mate!........

:074::074:

You know it won't be me out there - I'd be bringing up the berley!! :wacko: However, I reckon brother Sails may be out there soon, trying to crack a Big Red!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

It's great seeing all the Yaks out there and my Brother even sponsored a sea yak thingy down at Deewhy beach a couple of weekends back, he loves it!

Only one thing I must say is, you guys that paddle at dusk/ late arvo, GET A LIGHT ON YOUR YAKS OR AT LEAST A HEAD TOUCH! Heading in at 35kns in low light, then flying past a yak not even 50m away and I didn't even see him till he was next to me. When they drop down between the swell is the hard part......

Would be a awesome feeling being dragged around by a fish!

Greg

.....It's great seeing all the Yaks out there and my Brother even sponsored a sea yak thingy down at Deewhy beach a couple of weekends back, he loves it!

Only one thing I must say is, you guys that paddle at dusk/ late arvo, GET A LIGHT ON YOUR YAKS OR AT LEAST A HEAD TOUCH! Heading in at 35kns in low light, then flying past a yak not even 50m away and I didn't even see him till he was next to me. When they drop down between the swell is the hard part...... Would be a awesome feeling being dragged around by a fish! ......

Yeah, Greg - I've gotta agree with that! It is every yakkers personal responsibility to make sure they can be seen by anyone AT A DISTANCE to prevent RUN DOWNS!

I have a 7ft bright orange flag that goes with me everywhere, no matter where I yak. You can see it from a huge distance (even on the lake) and it is my personal 'boat deterrent' from being run down! Most folk see the flag well before they work out it is attached to my yak. Most responsible yakkers have a night light and flag & it makes obvious sense to me that you TURN THE LIGHT ON AT DUSK & IN ANY LOW LIGHT/FOG SITUATIONS!

When I was at the first SWR gathering (of ''dolphins jumping over my yak'' fame), the only bloke I could see between the swells (and throwing up) was a guy with an orange flag and I decided then & there that I would make one up!

When we travel, I just lay it down on the yak & it becomes my 'yak travel flag' for the trailer ..... oh yeah, the rest of the V SHeet I made the flag from became my Yak Trailer Travel Cover!! Easy to spot, keeps everything dry, and even keeps the dew off the seat & fittings when camping overnight!

post-2231-1254892773_thumb.jpg

Can I refer my yakkers to your comments regarding yak safety?

Cheerio

Roberta