Pflueger Solara Baitcasters - Comments

rodf

I'm in the market for a new baitcaster and was thinking about a Shimano Calcutta CT50, but I came across the Pflueger Solara baitcaster ($200) in my local Tackle shop.

Does anybody have any comments on these reels??

Guest Jocool

What did you find to be the prob Bash? You werent trying to stop a pig of the stones or something were you??? :074::074:

I have heard that the Pfluegers are good bit of kit. I had a bit of a play with one a while ago, but I'm not sure where it fittef in the model range, and it seemed OK!

The drag on mine was nothing short of pathetic! Also they will not fit into all reel seats such as the fuji casting handles as the level wind gets in the way. :thumbdown: For the money you could do a lot better.

Guest Jocool

Cool...I see what you are saying Bash! I own a Little Calcutta, and I found it to be an awesome little reel! I also have an older Castaic, which is great too!

Thanks guys, I know it's a personal thing but you can't beat other peoples experiences.

Something like the drag is very important and if I'm spending $200+, I'd like to think the drag would be decent!!!