Arse Beats Bass

I was going to wait for the photos but had to tell of the luck I had on Saturday. The plan was to take some family skiing and wakeboarding on the Nepean after work, so I made some extra room for more bodies by taking out tackle boxes nets and rods from the boat. The plan went astray and only my brother could make it and he was running late. So already being on the water with the missus I grabbed one of the only two rods in the rod locker, which was rigged with a 4inch shad and moderately heavy sqidgy jig. (the other was a flyrod). Perfect for flatties but bass??? Well it turned out to be a great Bass lure by casting along the edge of the weed beds and slow rolling it out like Pukka and Rick had described in there posts on St. Clair, I was on. The Bass did everthing right making it back to the weeds where as I did everything wrong. Some how I got it to the side of the boat and my wife grabbed the tiny bait net and we got its head and shoulders in just as lure has come out. After a few deep breaths I realise I don't have a camera. I ring my brother to get a disposable from a servo and also my brother and law to bring his digital. A top surprise from such a pressured fishery. Can't wait to see and post the pictures. Cheers Dave

Guest Jocool

51!!! :1yikes::1yikes: Thats a serious fish for the Nepean! Better not be telling porkies mate! :074::074::074:

Good going on landing him in such adverse conditions! :thumbup:

That is a great fish Dave, Iv'e fished there 4 times this summer and the biggest fish on fly poppers was around 32 cms. That is one of the biggest fish Iv'e seen out of the Nepean, well done. Looks like you didnt go far up from the ramp either.