Gulp 3" Shrimp

the one that got away

2 things:

How do you retrevie them for flatties and soapie jews

And

What size jighead and hook size for flatties and soapie jews

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Zac

i think you had to use those hidden weight system weedles hooks?

can you hook them with normal jig heads?

you can use them with normal style jigheads,i do. [even though i havnt had much luck using them].but im pretty sure other people have caught fish on em using normal jigheads.you could try em with the hidden weight system[hws],im sure both jigs are just as effective.

i havnt used em much but have had a few hits & pulled hooks using a slow lift&hop retreive on a bullet style jighead,1/16th & size1 hook.only small hops with 2-4second pauses.just try to imagine what a scared prawn or shrimp would do & try imitate it.

good luck with using them & hope you get some good fish on em.[me too. :biggrin2: .]

:beersmile: cheers johnny. :thumbup::1fishing1:

Edited by fisher doi

Just rig them like a normal lure using normal jig heads. How heavy jig head is a bit like asking how longs a piece of string because it will depend on water depth, current, wind etc etc Basically u want a head that can get you to the bottom and keep it there. To work the lure use a series of quick jerks ad then let it rest on the bottom for a few seconds and then repeat. You'l find alot of time the fish will pick up the lure when it is paused on the bottom or falling back down...

I've caught flathead on them using 1/8th # 2 jigheads doing the standard sharp double flick in 1-2 m of water, which I can assure you looks nothing like what a prawn looks like naturally. Luderick Luke catches them regularly doing a long slow pull with 1/40th HWS jigs when using them for bream is slow. I've done this myself and observed the things twisting in the water because of their dodgy bent tails (obviously an unnatural movement too). He got smoked by something once doing this that was called for a sopie. For flattys it's all colour and movement. Though in very quiet shallow estuary waters or when fishing is slow, I finesse the tactics up a bit.