Woolooware Bay 17/10/09

mako1

I hit Woolooware bay yesterday in the yak to see if I could get some more bream and flatties on HB lures.

I started trolling around the moored boats and I picked up two 27cm and one 26cm bream.

The wind started to pick up but I persevered and just as I passed close to a boat my rod buckles over and I’m onto a much better fish. After a good fight I net a nice 34cm bream which is a new PB bream on a HB for me.

post-2229-1255820559_thumb.jpg

I continued working the area and missed two more hits but just as I was finishing my trolling run and turning to begin another I had a good hit. This fish had a lot of weight and fought really well but I wore it down and netted a nice 57cm flattie.

post-2229-1255820579_thumb.jpg

It was quite windy but I still decided to head over to the flats. It was hard going trolling over the flats as there was a lot of weed in the water but I did pick up a whiting on a HB. It was a 27cm winter whiting.

post-2229-1255820597_thumb.jpg

Got a few more small hits on the flats, which I think were whiting, so I made my way back to the moored boats. On my way back I trolled along the drop off and I had a screaming run. This fish went really hard and at first I thought it was a really big trevally but as it got closer I saw it was a good bream. After a few more runs I netted a nice 33cm bream.

post-2229-1255820619_thumb.jpg

I continued working the drop off and I had another good hit but this fish didn’t fight as hard as the other ones and in short time I had a 32cm bream in the net.

post-2229-1255820636_thumb.jpg

I went back over to the moored boats but didn’t get any more hits there so I called it a day.

Even though it was windy it was still a really good day on Woolooware Bay.

post-2229-1255820651_thumb.jpg