Humminbird 798 Sici Sounder

squidboy

Just wondering if any raiders have bought the side imaging 798 SICI from Humminbird? I would like to ask whether the ones from the USA can have their maps converted to Australian ones pretty easy and if anyone has bought one direct from the USA from blah blah poop? Any help will be greatly appreciated. They look like an awesome machine, but the Australian prices of almost three grand are too far from the USA price of $700 AUD!!!.

Thanks for your help raiders

Just wondering if any raiders have bought the side imaging 798 SICI from Humminbird? I would like to ask whether the ones from the USA can have their maps converted to Australian ones pretty easy and if anyone has bought one direct from the USA from blah blah poop? Any help will be greatly appreciated. They look like an awesome machine, but the Australian prices of almost three grand are too far from the USA price of $700 AUD!!!.

Thanks for your help raiders

gday mate ive ordered mine from Huetts Marine and yeah its a bit pricier to buy here but ican tell you its no where near 3 grand and thats installed, ive heard that the american units are setup in feet and miles instead of metres and klms, not sure about the maps, but ive read about some units needing to be sent back under warranty and this might be a problem for you. whatever you decide on good luck.

Thanks Mate, just out of curiosity, would you be able to PM me how much Huey did it for? i might just go down and negotiate a price. I can live with feet and miles per hour, and the maps are convertable to Australian maps from what I have learnt. But for a few huindred it maybe worthwile just getting one down here.

Cheers

Marco