A Very Good Knot For Your Paternosta Rigs

jewgaffer

Hi Raiders, I happen to be making up some paternosta rigs for myself at the moment and as usual tying them the same way I was taught as a kid.... I also used the same old fashioned knot to tie a doubled length of rope coming off the bottom ring of my fenders around a small section of my bimini fitting so as to mount my front fenders on top of the side gunnels and hold them against the two bimini poles which are parallell and just above the gunnel in the down position,....I wanted to have my front fenders permantly mounted outside the boat, out of the way and ready for immediate use... I have permanently roped my stern fenders to the side rails and cabled tied each fender off at an angle to the lower part of my pod rails....

I stumbled on a version of a sliding paternosta knot in the form of a climbing knot, having never seen this particular paternosta knot used as a locked fishing knot anywhere else including the internet...

Anyway, here is the knot in video and I hope it helps you improve on your paternosta knots (for braid to light leader just tighten the wraps on the separate leader forming the sliding paternosta over a short length of lumo tubing and for medium to heavy or stiff line do the same but add a crimp to the top of the doubled leader loop that makes up the paternosta wraps, and in all cases add a bead to the top of each paternosta knot and also have a another bead at the top of the hook knot), you can use the two ends to tie on a hook by using a doubled line blood knot up the line... it's a handy rope knot as well

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer